I got this Frightful Wreath Simply Created Kit which is perfect for Halloween at the Stampin’ Up! Convention. It also came with the coordinating stamp set. The actual wreath went together pretty quickly-about a half hour. The beaded spider took a little longer. Have fun making your own Halloween wreath and beaded spider!
Frightful Wreath Simply Created Kit #135866
Frightful Wreath Photopolymer Stamp set #136816
Holiday Invitation Photopolymer stamp set #135074 for the pumpkins
Black StayzOn OR Basic Black ink pad for sponging
Blackberry Bliss ink pad OR Cajun Craze ink pad
Tangelo Twist Marker
Garden Green Marker
Silicone Craft Sheet #127853
The Kit does come with great instructions. Here are a few tips to help you though.
1. Spider Body. Get the long pin and put one of the smallest bead caps on, then the large silver bead, then the second small bead cap. Now add a large bead cap, the large purple bead, then the last large bead cap. Take your Needlenose Pliers and twist a little circle tight up against the purple bead making sure the silver and purple beads are kind of tight. You will need about 1/8″ between the beads to add the legs.
2. Spider Legs. Make a small circle at the end of the wire with your Needlenose pliers. Add two silver bugle beads, then 3 purple seed beads. Look at the picture in your instructions and do the same for all four leg wires. I twisted the leg wires all onto the Spider at the same time.
3. The Wreath instructions are pretty simple. Put a glob of hot glue on your styrofoam wreath base and add the end of your black tinsel. Wrap the black tinsel all around your wreath form and attach the end with one more hot glue glob. Fluff you black tinsel to cover the wreath form.
4. Form your Rosette. Put a large hot glue glob on your Silicone Craft Sheet and squeeze the center of your Rosette over the hot glue glob, being careful not to burn yourself. (Yea! I didn’t get burned on this project!!) Repeat on the other side of the Rosette if necessary. You can also use a Jumbo Sticky Round instead of hot glue to hold your Rosette together in the center.
5. Sponge your Doilies using a part of the sponge and your black ink. Attach a Doily to the center of your Rosette with hot glue., then attach the black circle with hot glue to the center of the Doily. Repeat on the other side of your Rosette.
6. Thread your Orange Tangelo Twist Satin Ribbon through the hole in your Rosette. Tie it around your Wreath Form covering the Ribbon with the Black Tinsel if desired. The Ribbon is now at the top of your wreath. Hold your wreath upright and tweak the ribbon if necessary so the Rosette hangs nicely. Tie a bow then trim excess ribbon if desired.
7. Stamp your saying on your Whisper White banner in the desired ink color (Blackberry Bliss used). Stamp little pumpkins or embellish as desired. Attach to Rosette with hot glue.
8. Spider Web. Attach your sparkly spider web to the black tinsel on your wreath with hot glue. I just did it in 4 places. Put the hot glue on the back of the web, then attach to your wreath.
9. Attach your spider to the web, wreath, or Rosette as desired using the silver cord from the kit or hot glue.
10. Use a piece of the excess ribbon to make a loop to hang your wreath and attach it to the back of your wreath with hot glue.
Happy Frightful Halloween!