Here are Sneak Peeks for the Projects found in my Newsletter this month. When you subscribe, you will have access to three projects every month. At least one project will use a template which is included. You will also have access to my other Newsletter Projects from August 2011. This is a password protected FREE site. Use the form in the right sidebar to sign up. I will also share the latest news from Stampin’ Up!, my local class schedule, and my Online Activities. My May Newsletter will be emailed on Saturday and all the Projects will be posted by then. Come join me and have some FUN!!
I have wanted to make a card with the new Heart Framelits dies and I have also wanted to use the new Pleated Ribbon. So here is the result. I hope you enjoy making one for someone special
Heart Framelit Card-Sideview
CARD AND POUCH SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Valentine Love (Cupid) page 47 w#122695 c#122697
Elements of Style (Flowers) page 134 w#118611 c#120045
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Card Stock: Whisper White
Riding Hood Red or Real Red
Big Shot: Hearts Collection Framelits dies (Occasions Mini) page 6 #125599
Other: Riding Hood Red 3/8″ Pleated Satin Ribbon (Occasions Mini) page 12 #125569
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Simply Scored (Occasions Mini) page 16 #122334
Large Pearl Basic Jewels (Occasions Mini) page 26 #125577
Heart Pouch with Tab Pouch #18 heart_pattern
Heart Pattern Pouch #13 heart_pouch_2010
1. Cut 2 Scallop Hearts from Whisper White card stock using the large scallop Heart Framelit die (1 at a time). Run through Big Shot.
2. Stamp Flower image from Elements of Style stamp set using Riding Hood Red ink on Whisper White card stock. Use desired Heart Framelit die to cut desired flowers in Heart shape. Adhere with Snail in desired position on one of the Whisper White Scallop Hearts.
3. Ribbon. Start attaching Ribbon where the Large Pearl is in the photo. Put a line of Tombow Glue around Flowered Heart Framelit die cut and place Pleated Ribbon around Flowered Heart Framelit so it touches the edge of the Heart. Cover with hand and hold in place for a few seconds to help Ribbon adhere well. (I originally used Snail to try and hold the Ribbon in place, but it didn’t work.) Add Large Pearl to cover where the Ribbon starts and ends.
4. Scallop Heart Framelit Card Back. Place rounded Heart tops along side of Simply Scored and score at about 3/4″. By scoring it this way your card opens nicely without the score line showing on the front of the card. Put Snail on the small scored area and attach to card front making sure scallops are matched up.
5. Now for the finishing touch. Stamp Cupid in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with scissors. Since it is a small image, it goes pretty quickly. Attach with Dimensionals to center of Flowered Heart.
6. Admire your card. You can give it to someone special as is or attach it to a Heart Pouch.
HEART POUCH DIRECTIONS:
1. Cut 2 Hearts from Template from Riding Hood Red card stock. Fold tabs. Put Sticky Strip on side tabs. Adhere together. I like to lay one Heart down with the tab sticking up close to me and slide the other Heart towards it, making sure the ends match up. Then I stick the two Hearts together. When attaching to the second tab, line up the bottom points of the Hearts, then adhere the two Hearts together.
2. Decorate using Heart Framelit card (from above) if desired.
3. Admire and fill with something special.
Happy Valentine’s Day!