I got this Frightful Wreath Simply Created Kit which is perfect for Halloween at the Stampin’ Up! Convention. It also came with the coordinating stamp set. The actual wreath went together pretty quickly-about a half hour. The beaded spider took a little longer. Have fun making your own Halloween wreath and beaded spider!
Frightful Wreath Simply Created Kit #135866
Frightful Wreath Photopolymer Stamp set #136816
Holiday Invitation Photopolymer stamp set #135074 for the pumpkins
Black StayzOn OR Basic Black ink pad for sponging
Blackberry Bliss ink pad OR Cajun Craze ink pad
Tangelo Twist Marker
Garden Green Marker
Silicone Craft Sheet #127853
The Kit does come with great instructions. Here are a few tips to help you though.
1. Spider Body. Get the long pin and put one of the smallest bead caps on, then the large silver bead, then the second small bead cap. Now add a large bead cap, the large purple bead, then the last large bead cap. Take your Needlenose Pliers and twist a little circle tight up against the purple bead making sure the silver and purple beads are kind of tight. You will need about 1/8″ between the beads to add the legs.
2. Spider Legs. Make a small circle at the end of the wire with your Needlenose pliers. Add two silver bugle beads, then 3 purple seed beads. Look at the picture in your instructions and do the same for all four leg wires. I twisted the leg wires all onto the Spider at the same time.
3. The Wreath instructions are pretty simple. Put a glob of hot glue on your styrofoam wreath base and add the end of your black tinsel. Wrap the black tinsel all around your wreath form and attach the end with one more hot glue glob. Fluff you black tinsel to cover the wreath form.
4. Form your Rosette. Put a large hot glue glob on your Silicone Craft Sheet and squeeze the center of your Rosette over the hot glue glob, being careful not to burn yourself. (Yea! I didn’t get burned on this project!!) Repeat on the other side of the Rosette if necessary. You can also use a Jumbo Sticky Round instead of hot glue to hold your Rosette together in the center.
5. Sponge your Doilies using a part of the sponge and your black ink. Attach a Doily to the center of your Rosette with hot glue., then attach the black circle with hot glue to the center of the Doily. Repeat on the other side of your Rosette.
6. Thread your Orange Tangelo Twist Satin Ribbon through the hole in your Rosette. Tie it around your Wreath Form covering the Ribbon with the Black Tinsel if desired. The Ribbon is now at the top of your wreath. Hold your wreath upright and tweak the ribbon if necessary so the Rosette hangs nicely. Tie a bow then trim excess ribbon if desired.
7. Stamp your saying on your Whisper White banner in the desired ink color (Blackberry Bliss used). Stamp little pumpkins or embellish as desired. Attach to Rosette with hot glue.
8. Spider Web. Attach your sparkly spider web to the black tinsel on your wreath with hot glue. I just did it in 4 places. Put the hot glue on the back of the web, then attach to your wreath.
9. Attach your spider to the web, wreath, or Rosette as desired using the silver cord from the kit or hot glue.
10. Use a piece of the excess ribbon to make a loop to hang your wreath and attach it to the back of your wreath with hot glue.
Happy Frightful Halloween!
This banner was made using the Celebrations Basics Kit and the Bermuda Bay Add-On Kit. The instructions look long, but this projects took less than 45 minutes to put together and part of that was figuring out the details.
I am sure I posted the Rosette Wreath which is hanging above the banner. The first one to find where I posted it and emails me the link will get the Embellishment of your choice (US only) OR a FREE Online Class (US & International). Please let me know what you want when you email me.
Celebration Basics Kit #133007
Bermuda Bay Celebration Add-On Kit #133432
Big Shot: Deco Labels Framelits #130102
Floral Frames Framelits #127012
Marker: Bermuda Bay
Other: Tombow Glue
Silver Mini Brad #122941 or other brad (It won’t show so color does not matter.)
Bermuda Bay Reinker
Silicone Baking Sheet or other protective covering for your table (foil or wax paper should also work well)
1. Choose the word you want on your banner and make sure there are the correct letters available.
2. Choose the papers from the Add-On Kit to go behind the letters you have chosen. The Bermuda Bay Add-On Kit has Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, and Silver Foil papers. Now is the time to select other things from the Kits to add to your banner.
3. Choose the desired Framelit to cut out your papers to go behind the letters. I chose the largest Deco Label Framelit. You can choose either the largest or second largest of any Framelit set you want.
4. Cut out the papers with the Framelits. You can cut two sheets at a time to help things go more quickly. I also colored the edges of each die cut paper with the Bermuda Bay Marker. Watch this video on Paper Edging Techniques if you have questions.
5. Now get out the number of banners you need to spell your word plus two. Arrange the die cut papers and letters on the banners as desired. Attach them using Tombow Glue or another adhesive.
6. Find the Filter/Tissue type Paper from the Add-On Kit. Cut a 4-1/2″ x 12″ strip from the bottom edge, and then a 3-1/2″ x 12″ strip also from the bottom which will leave the end with the adhesive strips for you to use later.
7. Fold the 4-1/2″ strip in half and cut out the second largest Floral Frames flower. Yes you can cut through all the layers at the same time.
8. I cant remember if I folded the 3-1/2″ strip in thirds or fourths. Determine the number of folds by the size of your die. I used the third largest flower Framelit. You can also cut through all these layers at the same time, just run it through once then back through to make sure it cuts all the layers.
9. Pierce a hole in the center of all your flowers before you divide them up. Now divide both sizes in half. Put the brad through the smaller flowers first, then the larger flowers. Open the tabs to keep the flowers together. Now for the fun part. Start scrunching the top flower layer. I scrunched the layers straight up. Scrunch each layer separately until all layers are scrunched together. Now fluff and slightly separate the layers to look like a flower. The smaller “inside” petals will be scrunched really tightly. Just fluff and fiddle until you like the look. Repeat with the second flower.
10. Now for the messy part. Put down your Silicone Baking Sheet or other protective covering on your table surface and work on it to prevent stains on your work area. Put 10-12 drops of Bermuda Bay Reinker into your Spritzer Bottle that came in one of the Kits. Fill the bottle about half full of Rubbing Alcohol. Yes, this is the first aid kind. You can test the color on a white facial tissue if desired. If you want the color darker add more drops of Reinker. Wipe off the mat with a paper towel. Place your flowers close to the center so the excess spray will stay on your protected area. Now spritz your flowers until you are happy with the color. I did not do mine evenly so there was some color variation-some parts a little darker or lighter. The centers remained white. When finished, wipe up the ink with a paper towel and let your flowers dry. It shouldn’t take long, but I did mine in the evening and let them dry overnight.
11. String the banner cord through your banners starting with the blank one for your flower. Just make sure you are stringing the banners in the correct order. 🙂
12. Fold the Banners so the top of both blank banners show. Now attach your flowers using Tombow Glue on the back center circle shape you formed when schrunching your flowers. You don’t need much glue as the flowers are light-weight.
13. Now to figure out how long your Banner cord needs to be. Go to the place you are going to hang it up. Tie a loop at one end of the cord. Hold up your Banner to see how much cord you need and tie a loop at what will become the end. Adjust your Banner pieces until you like them, changing the loop position if needed. When you are happy with it, cut the excess cord off.
14. Stand back and enjoy!
Happy Banner Making!
This fun little Treat Bag is one of the Sale-a-bration products you can choose when you purchase at least $50 in merchandise January 28-March 31, 2014. It is a nice sized bag and would also be good to hold cookies and other larger treats. This only takes a couple of minutes to put together. Enjoy making these for your family and friends!
Kit: Twisty Treats Kit #133513
Ink & Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise
Stamps: Love You More w#131850 c#131853 (available while supplies last)
Punch: Small Heart #117193
Adhesives: Glue Dots
1. Decorate your tag or tags as desired.
1a. I chose the White side of a Hexagon Tag and stamped using Island Indigo ink.
1b. I used one of the larger striped Tags and added one of the Silver Glimmer Paper Hearts with a Tempting Turquoise mat underneath. To make the Mat: Punch 2 Tempting Turquoise Hearts. Cut one in half length-wise and one in half width-wise. Use a Glue Dot on each piece to help them stick to the back of the Silver Glimmer Paper Heart.
1c. Now position your Tags and Heart as desired. Adhere.
2. Fill your Treat Bag. Twist around your bag 1-2 twists-enough to keep it closed. Now thread one side of the Twist Tie through the hole in your Tag and twist again.
3. There are 12 bags in the Kit so you can experiment with different ways to decorate your bags.
Happy Treat Giving!
This fun Good as Gold Card Kit with the Metallic Gold Foil Accents is FREE with a $50 purchase starting tomorrow, January 28, 2014.
Here are some answers to questions you might have about Sale-a-bration.
Question: What is Sale-a-bration?
Answer: Sale-a-bration is Stampin’ Up’s FAVORITE time of year!! There are THREE ways to Sale-a-brate!
1. Customers: Choose 1 Sale-a-bration product for every $50 in merchandise you buy.
2. Host a Party: Schedule a Party date with me. Invite your friends to Stamp and place orders. If all your orders total at least $300 you will get $30 more Hostess Dollars to spend on anything in the catalog!
3. Join Stampin’ Up!: Start YOUR OwN Stampin’ Up! business for just $99 and get $150 dollars (regular $125) in merchandise to start your business!
Some of those who have seen the Sale-a-bration 2014 Catalog have asked me a question.
Question: Do I have to purchase one of the Bundles shown in the Sale-a-bration catalog to earn the FREE products or can I buy anything?
Answer: You can buy any Stampin’ Up! products that total $50 in merchandise or more (before shipping and tax). The Bundles in the Sale-a-bration catalog are just suggestions to make it easier for you as there is only 1 item number.
Questions: What if I want more than 1 FREE product?
Answer: You get to choose 1 item for every $50 in merchandise you spend. For example, buy $100 of products and choose 2 items. The merchandise must be in increments of $50 or more. If your merchandise is $99 you will just get to choose 1 FREE item so get some Dimensionals or a SNAIL Refill to put you over $100. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of FREE merchandise you can earn-Except your budget 🙁
Question: How long does Sale-a-bration last?
Answer: January 28-March 31, 2014.
Please email me If you have additional questions. My email address is: email@example.com.
Kit: Good As Gold Card Kit #133512 (8 cards, envelopes, and embellishments)
Adhesives: Glue Dots
1. Fold a card in half. Choose a Sentiment Banner, a long thing banner, a Gold Banner, a piece of Baker’s Twine, and a piece of Gold cord.
2. You can assemble them any way you would like. I will tell you how to copy my first one. Lay out the Banners in the position you want them. Adhere the sentiment banner with Dimensionals. Punch out the Gold Star from the Gold Foil Banner. Adhere the Gold Star with a Glue Dot.
3. Use some of the Gold cord to wrap around your Long Thin Banner. It will help if you have 2-3 Glue Dots on the back to help the cord stay in place. Use additional Glue Dots to adhere to card front.
4. Tie some Gold Cord in the Star Hole on the Gold Foil Banner. Adhere Banner with Glue Dots.
5. Take a piece of Baker’s Twine and wrap it around 2-4 fingers. Tie a knot in the center. Trip off the ends. Adhere in desired position with a Glue Dot or two.
6. Take the Envelope and the Gold Foil Envelope Liner. Put some SNAIL adhesive along the top, rounded part of the Envelope Liner. Slide the Envelope Liner inside the Envelope. Adjust the position of the Envelope Liner and press the top, rounded part to adhere the SNAIL to the Envelope flap. Fold the Envelope flap down to crease the Go;d Foil Liner.
7. Admire your Metallic, trendy card! You can now make the other seven cards either doing them the same or making each one different.
8. Admire your cards. Give a set to someone or give them away individually.
Happy Card Making!
This is a fun Laser-Cut Card Kit which includes everything but the card bases, sentiment stamp, ink, and adhesives. You can make 8 cards – 4 in Green, 4 in Gray. Ribbon, Rhinestones, Envelopes included.
Kit: Simply Fabulous Simply Sent #126925
Stamps: Photopolymer Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set #133454
Ink & Card Stock: Gumball Green OR Smoky Slate
Other: Glue Dots
1. Cut your Gumball Green card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp your sentiment in the desired position on the Laser Cut Whisper White card stock.
3. Thread your Ribbon through the desired holes on each side. Decide where you want your bow to be and tie a loose bow. Position your bow as desired and put Glue Dots on the back of the card under the ribbon so the ribbon is tight on the back side. Now tie your bow again. It will be easier without the ribbon moving.
4. Add a Rhinestone to each corner as shown.
5. Adhere your decorated Whisper White Laser Cut piece to your card front with Dimensionals.
6. This is a quick, easy, and elegant card.
Happy Card Making!