My grandson loves Crabs lately and turned 5 on Saturday. So I decided to try and make him a Punch Art Crab for his birthday card. I saw this Crab on Pinterest but it was an SVG file not Punch Art. I decided to make it with Punches. It was pretty easy after I figured it out. I only used THREE Punches to make it. I hope you decide to make one too.
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango
Smoky Slate (coming May 31st!)
Bashful Blue (retiring)
Sunshine and Sprinkles Designer Series Paper (retires May 30th)
Ink: Midnight Muse
Cajun Craze Marker (I wish I would have sponged around the edges, but I used a Marker)
Basic Black Marker
Pacific Point Marker
Soft Suede Marker
Punches: Extra Large Oval #19859
Small Oval #120908
1/2″ Circle #119869
Big Shot: Happy Whale Clearlit #129403 (Retires May 30th)
Bitty Banners Framelits #129267
Other: Googly Eye (retired)
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Silicone Craft Sheer
~Tangerine Tango: You will use a little less than 1/4 sheet Tangerine Tango for your Crab. Punch from Tangering Tango: Punch out 2 Extra Large Ovals and 2 Small Ovals. Punch 6 legs as shown in picture. Punch 2 arms as shown in picture. Punch 2 eyelids as shown in picture. Sponge with Tangerine Tango or Cajun Craze now if desired. (I wish I would have!)
~Whisper White: Punch 2 eyes from Whisper White with the Small Oval punch.
~Pacific Point: Punch 2 eyeballs from Pacific Point with the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
1. Legs and Arms. Get out your Silicone Craft Sheet and Tombow Glue. Place 1 Extra Large Oval in the center. Lay out the 6 legs and 2 arms where you want them. Glue them in place with Tombow Glue tearing off the parts that are too long. You only need about 1/4″ of each piece glued to the back.
2. Eyes. Attach the Whisper White eyes between the arms. Attach the Pacific Point eyeballs to the Whisper White eyes. Now place the eyelids in the desired postitions. I drew a line with my Cajun Craze Marker on the bottom edge of the eyelids. You can add white lines or a comma to each of the eyes if you want. My White Gel Pens have sprouted legs and ran away again.
3. Pinchers. We only have the 2 Tangerine Tango Small Ovals left. Hold them together and cut out the “V” for the pinchers. I cut straight down almost halfway for the first cut. I made the second cut about 1/4″ away from the edge of the first cut, then cut down to meet the end of the first cut. I drew a line with my Cajun Craze Marker down the center almost to the other side.
1. Cut your Pacific Point card base at 5-1/2″ x 8=1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Cut your Bashful Blue at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to card front.
2. Adhere your 2″ x 5-1/4″ Ocean Waves from the Sunshine and Sprinkles Designer Series Paper to the desired height on your card front.
3. Cut your Crumb Cake card stock at about 1″ x 5-1/2″. Tear one long edge. (Optional: you can sponge the edges if desired. I just dragged the torn edge on the Baked Brown Sugar ink pad.) I used the Soft Suede Marker to make little specks of sand on the Crumb Cake card stock. Adhere at the bottom of the Bashful Blue card stock.
4. Cut your Whale out of Smoky Slate card stock. Sponge edges if desired. Add a Googly Eye or draw on an eye.
5. Lay your Crab and Whale in the desired positions on the card front. Adhere. I used the cut outs from the Whale as a stencil for the Whale’s water spout. I colored the water in with a Pacific Point Marker.
6. Stamp your sentiment in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the Framelit. Adhere in desired position.
7. Admire your Fun Crab Birthday Card! Give it to one of your favorite children!