Here is another card I made at the Creative Convention by Ronda Wade. I am glad I have a package of the Print Poetry Designer Series Stack. We will be making this card at my Stamp a Stack Class on Friday, March 22, and Saturday, March 23. You will take home 12 cards. You will make three cards like this one.
Stamps: Secret Garden w#129141 c#129144
Feel Goods w#129681 c#129684
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple
Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack #129312
Other: Vintage Faceted Button
White Baker’s Twine
Mini Glue Dots
1. Cut your Raspberry Ripple card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″. Cut Print Poetry paper at 3″ x 4″. Also cut your Whisper White at 3″ x 4″. Cut your Baja Breeze card stock at 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″. There your cutting is all done.
2. Adhere Print Poetry paper on the left side of your card front leaving an equal border around the 3 edge sides.
3. Stamp your Feel Goods sentiment in Midnight Muse (mine needs reinking) in the lower right corner of your Whisper White card stock.
4. Stamp a Raspberry Ripple flower in the upper left hand corner of your Whisper White. Stamp two Midnight Muse flowers as shown. Stamp some of the lined image flowers all over in Baja Breeze ink.
5. Adhere your Stamped Whisper White card stock to your Baja Breeze layer. Adhere to your card base.
6. Thread some White Baker’s Twine through the button holes of your Vintage Faceted Button. Tie a bow. Adhere to the center of the Raspberry Ripple Flower with Glue Dots.
7. Admire your quick and cute card!
I made this wonderful Swallowtail Butterfly Card as part of Creative Convention by Ronda Wade. I think it is a beautiful card and it is also quick and easy to make. We will be making this as part of my Stamp-a-Stack Class on March 22nd.
Stamps: Swallowtail w#129213 c#129216
Tiny Tags w#118091 c#118592
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Card Stock: Basic Gray
Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack (4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″) #129312
Punches: 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
Other: Jumbo Rhinestome #129324
Basic Rhinestones #119246
1. Cut Basic Gray card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut Print Poetry layer at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut Raspberry Ripple card stock 3-1/2″ x 4-5/8″. Adhere to card base.
4. Cut Very Vanilla card stock 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″. Ink up Swallowtail stamp. Lay with rubber side up. Position Very Vanilla in desired position on top of inked Swallowtail Butterfly stamp. Rub with a Clear Mount or Wood block to get an even stamped image. Gently remove from stamp by lifting straight up. If you slide it your image will smear. Adhere to Raspberry Ripple layer. Add Jumbo Rhinestone to the Swallowtail Butterfly body.
5. Stamp background for circle punch. I used Primrose Petals which I stamped once on scratch paper then onto the area I was going to punch. Next time I will use Basic Gray ink and stamp it off once. Stamp sentiment from Tiny Tags in Raspberry Ripple. Punch out with 1″ Circle Punch. Punch Scallop Circle from Basic Gray card stock. Adhere Very Vanilla Circle to Scallop Circle with SNAIL. Adhere Scallop Circle to Butterfly with Dimensionals in desired position. Add a small Rhinestone if desired.
6. Admire your wonderful card!
You can get all the supplies to make this Butterfly Card at My Online Store.
I have really been in the mood for Spring so I made a Sunflower using the Blossom Petals Punch. It is a pretty quick card to make and reminds me of hot Summer Days as I sit here feeling chilly in my long-sleeved sweater. We made this card at my 3D Flower Class on Friday. I hope you enjoy making it! I made a similar card for my daughter-in-law’s birthday last year. As usual, you can change the colors and the sentiment to make you happy! This is the TRUE advantage of making your own cards!
Stamps: Perfectly Penned w#122890 c#122892
OR the sentiment of your choice
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight
Big Shot: Argyle Embossing Folder #127750
Square Lattice Embossing Folder #119976
OR Embossing folders of your choice
Punches: Blossom Petals #121808
1-3/8″ Square #119877
1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
Other: Glue Dots (Lots!!) #103683
Thin handled paint brush OR Bone Folder
1. Cut your Summer Starfruit card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Chocolate Chip layer at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Adhere to Summer Starfruit card base.
3. Cut your Whisper White layer at 3-3/4″ x 5″. Run through your Big Shot using the Argyle embossing folder. Adhere to Chocolate Chip Layer.
4. Punch 9 of the long thin Blossom Petals using a 2-1/8″ strip of Daffodil Delight card stock.
5. Shape your Blossom Petals. Take one Blossom Petal and your Thin handled paint brush (or Bone Folder) and lay it down the center of the Blossom Petal. Fold the Petal sides up so it is rounded down the center of the Blossom Petal. Now take your paint brush handle and curve each side of the Blossom Petal so it is slightly rounded. Repeat with the other 8 Blossom Petal.
6. Place a Glue Dot in the center of the bottom edge of your Whisper White layer. Put a Glue Dot on the top center back of FIVE Blossom Petals. Set aside with the Glue Dots facing up. Take your first Blossom Petal and place it with the narrow tip on the Glue Dot and the Blossom Petal facing straight up. Place the next two along the bottom edge so these three Blossom Petals form an upside-down T. Place the last two Blossom Petals with Glue Dots on in between the three Blossom Petals that form a T.
7. Place another Glue Dot in the bottom center on top of the other one that now is covered with Blossom Petal tips. Place a Glue Dot on the center back of the remaining FOUR Blossom Petals so the Glue Dot will adhere to the bottom layer of Blossom Petals where they touch. Place each Blossom Petal so the top is in between the lower layer of Blossom Petals as shown.
8. Punch half a 1-1/4″ Scallop Circle from Chocolate Chip card stock. Run it through your Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder. Adhere to your Sunflower with Glue Dots.
9. Now for your sentiment. I will give the dimensions I used for the Perfectly Penned Happy Birthday. Cut a strip of Daffodil Delight at 1-3/8″ x 5-1/2″. Cut a strip of Chocolate Chip at 1-5/8″ x 5-1/2″. Stamp your sentiment in the center of your Daffodil Delight strip. Use your Square punch to make the “Banner” ends. Adhere to your Chocolate Chip strip using SNAIL making sure to leave enough space at each end so you get a point instead of a flat part when you trim the Chocolate Chip ends slightly larger than your Daffodil Delight ends using scissors. Adhere this banner using Dimensionals.
10. Admire your Sunflower card!
You can get all the supplies to make this Sunflower Card at My Online Store.
I made this Easel Card for a new member of my group using Floral District Designer Series Paper and a Scallop Punch Flower. Easel Cards are so simple to make and they impress others. Have fun making one of your own!
Stamps: Statement of the Heart stamp (available only to Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators)
I Am (received at the 2012 Stampin’ Up! Convention)
Choose the stamps of your choice
Markers: Rich Razzleberry
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry
Floral District Designer Series Paper #126919
Punches: 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle #118874
1-3/4″ Scallop Circle #119854
1-1/4″ Scallop Circle #127811
Other: Victorial 5/8″ Crochet Trim #118481
Paper Piercing Tool
1. Cut your Rich Razzleberry card base at 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 3″ and 5-1/2″. 2. Cut your Rich Razzleberry card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Cut your Floral District Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Also cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock 3-3/4″ wide x 1/4″ taller than your sentiment card stock. (You can do this after you have stamped your Sentiment.)
3. Color your sentiment with your Rich Razzleberry and Garden Green Markers. Stamp on Whisper White card stock. Cut card stock to fit the sentiment (no wider than 3-1/2″) Adhere to the Rich Razzleberry sentiment layer. Adhere in place with SNAIL.
4. Punch 1 Rich Razzleberry Scallop with each Scallop Punch. The following technique is called the “Faux Suede Technique.” Crunch/Roll them up in the smallest little ball you can. Now use your Bone Folder to smooth out the wrinkles and break down the card stock fibers until you can see it separating into two layers. Gently peel the layers apart so you have two scallops. (Note: I found Rich Razzleberry card stock harder to separate than some of the other colors. I ended up punching 2 of each size scallop since they tore when I separated them.) Do this with all your Scallops so you have 2 of each size. Now roll them up into little balls again. Kind of smooth them out. Layer them from largest to smallest and center as well as possible. Use a Piercing tool to pierce a hole through the center. Insert brad of your choice. Crinkle each Scallop Circle as desired to form your flower.
5. Decide where to place the Scallop Flower and the ribbon. Tie the ribbon around the Designer Series Paper. Adhere the Scallop Flower with Glue Dots. Adhere this layer to your 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card front by putting your SNAIL on the Rich Razzleberry card front.
6. Put SNAIL on the 3″ end of the card base. Adhere the bottom of your card front to the 3″ end of your card base.
7. Stamp your sentiment and either cut it out or punch it out. Decide how far back you want the easel part of your card to be. Adhere this sentiment with Dimensional in the position desired to hold up your card front. You now have your Easel Card made.
Enjoy making your own Easel card!
I decided to use the Blossom Punch two different ways on the same card with some Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper. I was inspired to make this card browsing Pinterest. They used Framelits or Nestabilities. I am in the mood for flowers. This winter has been way to COLD for me this year! We are expecting snow again tonight and I live in southern Arizona where it usually snows just once a year and we have maybe 14 days of cold weather in the winter. I don’t think we have had 14 days of pleasant weather this winter. So here is a card with some flowers to remind me that Spring will come and the weather will hopefully be warmer.
* = Sale-a-bration 2013 Brochure
Stamps: Mixed Bunch w#125535 c#125537
*Pretty Petites w#129639 c#129642
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Card Stock: Rich Razzleberry
Pretty in Pink
*Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540
Punches: Blossom #125603
*Petite Curly Label #129405
Other: Subtles Designer Buttons #119745
1/8″ Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon #119960
1. Cut your Rich Razzleberry card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and Fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut you Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 5-1/4″. Punch our your Blossom in the desired position. Adhere to card base using Dimensionals. Note: Put a half Dimensional at the tip of each flower petal to emphasize that it is punched out.
3. Stamp your Mixed Bunch flower in Rich Razzleberry ink on Pretty in Pink card stock. Punch out using the Blossom Punch. Cut in between the petals down to where the ink is. Curl your petals with your Bone Folder. Thread the Ribbon through the button holes and tie a knot. Attach to your stamped flower with Glue Dots. Thread ribbon through a second button and attach it with Glue Dots to your card base in the center of your punched out flower.
4. Stamp your Pretty Petite image twice in Rich Razzleberry ink on Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the Petite Curly Label Punch. Adhere to opposite corners using Dimensionals.
5. Admire your card.
Earn 1 Sale-a-bration item for each $50 purchase from My Online Store through March 22, 2013.
Th Oh Hello stamp set is so versatile. You can get a lot of different looks using it. This card originally started out trying to use some More Amore Designer Series Paper for the card front. I tried several different variations and then decided to skip the card front and try everything on the Cherry Cobbler card base. I really like it! I hope you have fun when you make it!
Stamps: Oh Hello w#130730 c#130733
(Oh Hello Stamps & Oval Framlits Bundle: Wood Clear)
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler
Cherry Cobbler Marker
Garden Green Marker
Big Shot: Oval Collection Framelits #129381
Punches: Scallop Oval
Other: Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder #122949
Heat Tool #129053
1. Cut your Cherry Cobbler card base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp two of the Oh Hello patterned arrows and the Oh Hello Chevron Oval in VersaMark ink on Whisper White card stock. Dump your Cherry Cobbler embossing powder over all your stamped images. Shake off. Melt with Heat Tool. Cut your Oh Hello Oval out with the coordinating Oval Framelit and your Big Shot. Cut the Oh Hello Patterned Arrows out with your Scissors so there are 4 corner pieces.
3. Adhere the Oh Hello Patterned Arrows corner pieces with SNAIL to your Cherry Cobbler card front corners. Adhere the Oh Hello Chevron Oval with Dimensionals to the center of your Cherry Cobbler card front.
4. Color the Oh Hello Flower Stamp with your Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green Markers. Stamp on Whisper White card stock close enough to the edge so you can easily punch it out. Now punch it out with the Scallop Oval Punch. Punch the Oval out of Cherry Cobbler card stock. Adhere the Flower to the Cherry Cobbler Punched Oval with Dimentionals. Adhere the Cherry Cobbler Oval to the Chevron Oval with Dimensionals.
5. You now have a card you can use for any occasion just to make someone’s day better!
Here is a card made with the Sale-a-bration Designer Series Paper and the Ribbon and Button Pack. I will have a Valentine card for you Friday. I will be doing some cleaning today and I have decided to watch a movie and start making my Valentine Cards this afternoon since I haven’t had much stamping time for a week.
* = 2013 Sale-a-bration brochure
Stamps: *Pretty Petites w#129639 c#129642
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Card Stock: Island Indigo
*Sycamore Street #127540
Punches: *Petite Curly Label #129405
Big Shot: *Vine Street embossing folder #130492
Other: *Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack #130812
Island Indigo Baker’s Twine #125575
1. The embossed strip is 1-1/4″ wide.
2. I cut the Ribbons 6-1/2 to 7″ long. Put SNAIL on the back of your Designer Series Paper and adhere your Ribbons to it. Thread your Baker’s Twine through one button hole and thread in under your ribbons before threading it through the second button hole. Cinch up your Baker’s Twine tightly. I tied a knot then a bow.
Question: What do I need to buy to earn a Sale-a-bration item?
Answer: You need to buy $50 of Stampin’ Up! merchandise. Digital products and downloads are also counted as merchandise. Shipping and Tax don’t count as merchandise.
Some Examples: (Prices below do NOT include Shipping OR Tax. You can make any substitutions you want.)
New Stamper Bundle $50.15:
~Black StazOn ink pad #101406
~Assorted Card Stock in the Color Collection of your Choice (Buy 2 packages)
~Classic Stampin’ Ink Pad (Color of your choice from the Color Collection to match your Card Stock)
~Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (same color as your ink pad)
1 package of Whisper White card stock #100730 OR Very Vanilla card stock #101650
SNAIL adhesive #104332
Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430
All-Occasions Stamps & Punch
Teeny Tiny Wishes w#115370 $36.95
Choose one Punch:
Word Window Punch #119857 $15.95
OR Modern Label Punch #119849 $16.95
Teeny Tiny Wishesc#127802 $26.95
Clear Mount Block G #118489 $4.50
Choose one Punch:
Word Window Punch #119857 $15.95
OR Modern Label Punch #119849 $16.95
Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430 $3.95
Big Shot Bundle $107.90 (You will earn 2 FREE Sale-a-bration items)
Big Shot #113439 $99.95
Embossing Folder of your choice $7.95
My Digital Studio 2:
My Digital Studio 2 (Full Software, some content) $39.95
Disc #130645 Download #130644
$10.05 in the downloads or products of your choice
My Digital Studio 2+:
My Digital Studio 2+ (Full Software, LOTS of content) $79.95
Disc #130647 Download #130646 (I prefer the download-no discs to misplace. When I got a new computer for Christmas I just went to my downloads and downloaded it. SO EASY!)
If you want to earn 2 FREE Sale-a-bration items you can purchase $20.05 in other Stampin’ Up! products or downloads.
I am ready for Spring so I made a Spring Flower card using the Floral Frames Framelits, Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper from Sale-a-bration, and a wonderful Designer Builder Brad from the Spring 2013 Catalog. I LOVE the Sycamore Street Paper because it uses a variety of colors and patterns to fit any mood I happen to be in. Earn yours today with a $50 purchase of anything from My Online Store!! Digital Downloads count too!!
* = Spring 2013 Catalog
** = Sale-a-bration 2013 Brochure
Stamps: Loving Thoughts w#125843 c#125845
Card Stock: Island Indigo
**Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540
Big Shot: Framed Tulips Folder #121809
Lacy Brocade Folder #127819
Floral Frames Framelits #127012
Other: *Designer Builder Brads #129329
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309
*Pool Party Embossing Powder #129398
Paper Piercing tool and Mat
1. Cut Pool Party card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut Island Indigo card stock at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through Big Shot using the Framed Tulips embossing folder. Trim edges with scissors. Adhere to card front.
3. Cut Flower pieces using the desired three Floral Frames Framelits. Cut the large and smallest out of Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper. Cut the middle one from Pool Party card stock. Use the Lace Brocade embossing folder and your Big Shot to add texture to this center flower. Adhere the three flowers together with Dimensionals.
4. Use your Paper Piercing Tool and Mat and pierce a hole through the center of all the flower layers. Punch either a Itty Bitty Flower or Circle from Island Indigo card stock. Adhere to the center of the Designer Builder Brad with a Glue Dot. Place the Clear Circle Epoxy Bubble on top of the punched Itty Bitty shape. Insert your completed Designer Brad through the hole you pierced.
5. Lay the Flower in the desired position on your card front. Decide where you want your sentiment. Move the flower. Stamp your sentiment in Versamark Ink in the desired position. Dump your Pool Party embossing powder over the sentiment. Remove the excess and put it back in your jar. Melt the embossing powder sentiment with your Heat Tool on High.
6. Adhere your Flower to your card front with Dimensionals.
7. Enjoy this Flower any time of year!!!
You can purchase most of the items to make this Flower Card from My Online Store. The Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper is FREE with a $50 purchase from January 22 to March 22, 2013.
Happy Spring Stamping!
Would you like to lay around and watch the clouds go by for a while? You can do that when you use the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder and add some Dazzling Details for sparkle. Add a sentiment from the Ciao Baby! stamp set and you have a fun, quick card. I chose a yellow monochromatic color scheme because it has been a long time since I have used yellows. I really needed a change from the reds of Christmas and Valentine’s Day. Choose any two colors that you are in the mood for or you think the person you are giving the card too will like.
* = from the Spring 2013 Catalog
** = Sale-a-bration 2013 (1 item FREE with each $50 purchased) Available January 22-March 22, 2013
Stamps: *Ciao, Baby! w#129645 c#129648
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Summer Starfruit card base
Daffodil Delight card front 3-3/4″ x 5″
Big Shot: *Cloudy Day Embossing Folder #127022
Punches: Curly Label #119851
**Petite Curly Label #129405
Other: Dazzling Details #124117
1. Score and fold Summer Starfruit card base at 4-1/4″.
2. Use Daffodil Delight Card front with the Cloudy Day Embossing Folder and your Big Shot. Adhere to front of card base.
3. Punch a Curly Label out of Summer Starfruit card stock. Put Dimensionals on the back.
4. Stamp desired sentiment from Cio, Baby! stamp set with Chocolate Chip ink on Daffodil Delight card stock. Punch out using the Petite Curly Label Punch. Put Dimensionals on the back. Adhere to Summer Starfruit Curly Label. Then adhere your Curly Labels to the desired position on your card front.
5. Spread a thin layer of Dazzling Details on random Clouds and on the corners and points of your Summer Starfruit Curly Label as desired.
6. Admire your sparkly card and set it aside to dry.
You can purchase the supplies to make this card from My Online Store.
Happy Springtime Stamping!
I was so excited to see the Sweet Threads Simply Sent Kit in the Spring Catalog. I enjoy doing Cross-Stitch, but haven’t done it in a few years. Now I can combine my enjoyment of Cross-Stitch with my love of card making! The Sweet Threads Simply Sent Kit comes with almost everything I used to make these cards. I read the instructions inside the paper with the picture on AFTER I had finished the Cross-Stitch and they told me to STAMP FIRST, then Cross-Stitch if I want to stamp on the card stock that I do the Cross-Stitch on. The Cross-Stitch did take a little while to do (like it always has for me). There are basic instructions in the paper with the picture on so you will be able to Cross Stitch even if you haven’t done so before. Surprise your family and friends with this interesting mixed media card!
* = from Spring 2013 Catalog
Kit: *Sweet Threads Simply Sent #126924 OR *Sweet Threads Bundle w#131105
Card Stock: Primrose Petals
Ink: Lucky Limeade
Always Artichoke Marker
Big Shot: *Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folders #129383 (Green)
Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die #120903 (Pink)
Punches: Scallop Trim Corner #118870 (Green)
Modern Label #119849 (Green)
Scallop Edge Border #119882 (Pink)
*Melon Mambo 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon #129293
Dimensionals (some are included in the kit, but you might need more)
1. Read the Instructions that come with the Kit! (Like I should have done!!) Choose the card color you want to use from the Kit.
2. If you want to stamp a sentiment directly on the Scalloped Cross Stitch card stock, do it now.
3. Do the Cross-Stitch pattern you want to use on your card following the basic instructions that come with the Kit. Here is what the back of mine look like.
4. Sponge the edges of the Cross-Stitch card stock, if desired. I think I will use Primrose Petals Ink to sponge the piece for the Green card next time.
5a. Wrap the 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon around the Cross-Stitch card stock and tie a bow. Place Glue dots underneath the ribbon if desired to hold it in place.
5b. Cut the largest of the Scallop Squares Duo Bigz from Primrose Petals card stock using your Big Shot. Sponge around the edges with Primrose Petals ink. Put Dimensionals on the back. Put Dimensionals on the back of your Cross-Stitch. Layer it on the Scallop Square as shown.
5c. Punch a Scallop Border Edge on both sides of a 1-1/2 to 2″ tall by 4-1/4″ wide Primrose Petals card stock piece. Stamp your sentiment in desired position using a Stamp-a-ma-jig if desired. Sponge the edges with Primrose Petals ink.
5d. Lay items in desired positions, then adhere them to card front. You have now finished your Pink Card!
6a. Cut your Lucky Limeade card stock at 2-3/4″ x 3-1/2″. Punch the corners using the Scallop Trim Corner punch. Sponge all the edges with Lucky Limeade or Old Olive ink. Place Dimensionals on the back of both the Lucky Limeade and the Cross-Stitch card stock pieces. Adhere together.
6b. Stamp desired sentiment on Lucky Limeade card stock in Always Artichoke ink. Punch out with Modern Label punch. Sponge edges with same ink used earlier Adhere to Cross-Stitch piece with Dimensionals.
6c. Choose the desired Needlepoint Border embossing folder. Line up the edge with the top edge of your card front. Fold the card back behind the embossing folder. Run through your Big Shot. Keeping the same side facing up, line up your embossing folder with the bottom edge of your card and emboss as before. Run the brush tip of your Always Artichoke Marker along the raised parts of your embossed card front trying to only get the parts raised by your embossing folder. Run your fingers along the embossed edges just for fun.
6d. Now center and adhere your Cross-Stitch layers to your card front. You have now finished your Green Card!
You can purchase the Sweet Threads Simply Sent Kit and Bundle in My Online Store.
Happy Cross-Stitching and Stamping!
Have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve and a wonderful and Happy New Year! So let’s say good-bye to 2012 and a big hello to 2013!
I used the Sale-a-bration MDS Content Disc to make this card. You can get it FREE with a $50 purchase starting January 22, 2013. You can replace the Happy New Year with the words you want to say. I also used the Petite Pennants punches download. The digital papers you see are also available as Designer Series Papers as a Sale-a-bration reward. The paper is called Sycamore Street and has a Button and Ribbon package to coordinate with it. I am enjoying using these coordinating products!
Just a reminder that January 2nd is the last day to purchase items from the Holiday 2012 Catalog! We can start purchasing from the Spring Catalog on January 3rd!!! There are SO Many cute and fun things to play with!!!!
Happy New Year!
I made this card for my Mother’s Birthday which is mid-December. I wanted to use some of the new things I had just received that are in the NEW Spring 2013 Catalog. This was a fun card to make and came together pretty quickly.
* = Spring 2013 Catalog available January 3-May 31, 2013
Stamps: *Amazing Family w#129189 c#129192
*Oh Hello w#130730 c#130733 (Bundle with Oval Framelits w#131102 c#131101)
Card Stock: Regal Rose
Embossing Powder: White
Big Shot: *Oval Framelits #129381 (also in Oh Hello Bundle-see above)
*Needlepoint Border Embossing Folders #129383
*Hearts a Flutter Framelits #130159
Other: Basic Pearls
*Delicate Details Lace Tape #130966
*Paper Doilies #129399
Paper Trimmer or scissors
1. Cut your Melon Mambo card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Take the Needlepoint Border embossing folder of your choice and place it in the desired position along the bottom of your card front. Fold the card back beneath the embossing folder and run through your Big Shot. Sponge the raised designs with Melon Mambo ink and your sponge.
3. Now let’s do our heat embossing. Stamp “You’re Such An Amazing” on Melon Mambo card stock with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Melt with Heat Tool on High. Now stamp the Chevron Oval from Oh Hello in Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock and sprinkle with Melon Mambo embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool on High. Finally stamp “Mother” on the White Vellum card stock in VersaMark ink and sprinkle with Black embossing powder. Melt with Heat Tool on Low so you don’t warp the Vellum. This will take longer to melt.
4. Trim around “You’re Such An Amazing” so you form a nice rectangle.
5. Measure the width of the Banner Framelit in the Hearts a Flutter Framelits. Trim around “Mother” so the strip is wide enough to fit in the Banner Framelit. Now take it to your Big Shot and place on the Multipurpose Platform with both Tabs closed and a cutting pad on top. Put the end of the “Mother” banner you are cutting under the Banner Framelit with the other end resting on top of your Banner Framelit. Cover only the end of the Banner Framelit you are cutting with the top cutting pad. Leave the part you are not cutting uncovered to prevent a fold line on your banner. Repeat with the other side.
6. Cut the embossed Oval Chevron with the desired Oval Framelit. Use the next larger Oval Framelit to cut a Melon Mambo Oval. Adhere the two Ovals together with Dimensionals. Put Glue Dots under the “M” and the “R” in Mother and adhere to the embossed Chevron Oval. Adhere all these to the Paper Doily in the desired position.
7. Lay out pieces in desired positions. Adhere the Paper Doily layers with SNAIL. Adhere You’re Amazing with Dimensionals.
8. Add a circle from the Delicate Details Lace Tape in the desired position. Add Pearls as shown or as desired.
9. Admire your lacy feminine card.
You can purchase the items to make this Amazing Card from My Online Store. Spring Catalog items will be available around noon Mountain Time on January 3, 2013.
Happy Boxing Day! This contained a Christmas Gift Card for my daughter-in-law. I wanted to use some things from the new Spring 2013 Catalog. She does like the Chevron design which explains some of my choices in the supplies I used. I also used some things from the upcoming Sale-a-bration brochure. Enjoy!
* = Spring 2013 Catalog available January 3-May 31, 2013
** = Sale-a-bration Brochure available January 22-March 22, 2013
Stamps: *Secret Garden w#129141 c#129144 (Bundles stamp set & Framelits w#131100 c#131099)
*Oh Hello w#3130730 c#130733 (Bundles stamp set & Oval Framelits: w#131102 c#131101)
Papers: Rich Razzleberry Card stock
Naturals White card stock
**SAB Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper #127540
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Marker: Pink Pirouette
Big Shot: *Secret Garden Framelits #129372 (See Bundle above)
*Ovals Collection Framelits #129381 (See Oh Hello Bundle)
Other: Black Embossing Powder
**Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack #130812
Regal Rose 1/8″ Ribbon
White Gel Pen
1. Score and fold your 8-1/2″ x 11″ Rich Razzleberry card stock at 5-1/2″.
2. Cut your Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper at 5″ x 8″. Adhere to your Rich Razzleberry card front.
3. Stamp the Oh Hello Oval with Rich Razzleberry ink. Cut out using the desired Oval Framelit. Use the next larger Oval Framelit to cut a Rich Razzleberry Oval. Adhere the ovals together. Set aside.
4. Stamp three Flowers from the Secret Garden stamp set in Rich Razzleberry ink on Naturals White card stock. Color the center stripe portions with Rich Razzleberry ink using your Blender Pen. Also color the curled part of the petals using Rich Razzleberry ink and your Blender Pen. You might want to color on some scratch paper first so you get a lighter color. Color the rest of the flower with your Pink Pirouette or Pretty in Pink Makers. I used Pink Pirouette for the two smaller flowers and Pretty in Pink for the large flower.
5. Arrange the flowers and the ovals in the desired position and adhere the ovals with SNAIL and the flowers with Dimensionals.
6. Thread the Sycamore Street Rich Razzleberry buttons with the 1/8″ Regal Rose Ribbon. Tie a knot. Trim the ends. Adhere in the desired position in the corners using a couple of Glue Dots for each button.
7. This card had a Gift Card on the inside. If you want to do this, cut a Rich Razzleberry piece of card stock at 3″ x 8″. Punch a half oval or circle along one of the 8″ edges. Use Sticky Strip or Tombow Glue on the other three sides and place in the desired position on the lower part of the card inside.
8. Write what you want to say to them using a white Gel Pen. Insert the Gift Card.
9. Admire your card!
10. I mailed mine in a decorative bubble envelope I purchased at the Post Office. The postage was $1.10.
You can buy the supplies to make this Gift Card Holder from My Online Store starting January 3, 2013.
I just bought the Everything Eleanor stamp set last week during the 15% off Stamps sale. This has been on my Wish List since the catalog came out. I am using Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple (this name sure makes me hungry for ice cream!). I hope you have fun making this Flourishes & a Flower card in your own color combination. This is another quick and easy card that you can make for any occasion.
Stamps: Everything Eleanor w#124162 c#124164
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Card Stock: Primrose Petals card base
Punch: Blossom Petals Builder #121808
Other: Dahlias #127556
1. Cut your Primrose Petals card base 8-1/2″ x 11″ Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Stamp the Label in Raspberry Ripple ink towards the bottom of your card front.
3. Stamp the flourish in Raspberry Ripple ink around the Label, filling in the empty spaces with the end of one of the flourish swirls.
4. Cut two 1″ x 5-1/2″ strips of Raspberry Ripple card stock. Punch out the smallest rounded Flower Petal from the Blossom Petals punch putting the paper in from the left so you can get more petals from the strips. Punch at least 7 Flower Petals.
5. Take each Flower Petal and curl it with your Bone Folder. I held the Bone Folder along the center and curled out towards the side, then repeated with the other side.
6. Lay out your Curled Flower Petals in the desired position in the center of the Label. Decide which side of the Flower Petal will be touching the card front. You will place a Glue Dot on the center tip and on the outer part on the side of each Flower Petal that will be touching the card stock. As you attach the Flower Petals, press down the center Glue Dot now and leave the outer Glue Dot unpressed until the whole flower is together and the way you want it. Then press the outer Glue Dots to hold the Petals in the desired position.
7. Place two Glue Dots on the Back of a Dahlia (or use a button or brad) and press into the center of the flower.
8. I decided I would just add the sentiment in the center of the card with my note. So I am finished. You can add a sentiment to the front if desired.
9. Admire your beautiful flower & flourishes card!
Shop at My Online Store for supplies to make this card.
Happy Flower Making and Flourishing!
This Orchard Harvest and Perfectly Preserved My Digital Studio Card is an example of the difference using Drop Shadows can make. The first card has no Drop Shadows. The second card has all Drop Shadows set to 75% Opacity and Medium Blur. Which do you like best?
No Drop Shadows
With Drop Shadows: 75% Opacity and Medium Blur
MY DIGITAL STUDIO SUPPLIES:
Digital Stamps: Perfectly Preserved-Corn #129834
Celebrate Any Day Kit-Thinking of you
Background: Orchard Harvest Kit-DSP #8 #129833
Embellishments: Brad-Dusty Durango #118847 (I think this comes with the program)
Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon #124020
Punches: Scallop Oval Punch filled with Wild Wasabi Textured Card Stock #120168 (Punch comes with Program)
Scallop Oval Punch filled with Orchard Harvest Kit-DSP #6 #129833
Photo: Orchard Harvest Kit-DSP #7 #129833
(Note: I have the Haunts & Harvest Collection Disc #129835 from the Holiday 2012 Catalog.)
I made a Winter Thinking of You Card for today. I used the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set, some circle punches, and finished off with a sentiment from Curly Cute. There are so many combinations with the Jolly Bingo Bits set. Change the colors and use can use the Every Little Bit, or Spooky Bingo Bits stamp sets instead. Use any sentiment you need.
Stamps: Jolly Bingo Bits w#120857 c#121187
Curly Cute w#117014 c#120510
Every Little Bit w#117096 c#120558
Spooky Bingo Bits w#123944 c#123946
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Card Stock: Marina Mist
Night of Navy
Punches: 1″ Circle #119868
1-1/4″ Circle #119861
1-3/8″ Circle #119860
Any Square punch
You can find all the supplies to make this Winter Card at My Online Store.
If you have any trouble with the links use the Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers.
I loved the Little Labels Punches and the Lovely Little Labels stamps as soon as I saw them. They just barely came to live at my house though. I wanted to try them out with the Postage Stamp Punch. I think the result was good. If you want to step it up a bit, you could use an embossing folder on the Whisper White card stock layer.
Stamps: Lovely Little Labels w#126260 c#126262
Card Stock: Pacific Point card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″
Tempting Turquoise layer 4″ x 5-1/4″
Whisper White layer 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
Ink: Tempting Turquoise
Punches: Little Labels Punch Pack (3) #126881
1″ Square #124094
Postage Stamp #122344
1. Have all the layers put together before you punch out the Lovely Little Labels images with the Little Labels Punches. The small pieces are easy to lose.
2. Next time I will use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the small images inside the small frames. It was hard to “eyeball” them into position.
You can purchase all the products to make this Card at My Online Store.
My youngest daughter loves Boots! So when I saw the Bootiful Occasions stamp set I knew I wanted make some Boot cards for her. I also used the Window Frames Framelits and the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. Enjoy making this card!
Stamps: Bootiful Occasions w#126595 c#126597
Card Stock: Whisper White for card base and small Framelit
Daffodil Delight for large Framelit
Bashful Blue for the medium Framelit
Ink: Daffodil Delight
Big Shot: Window Frames Framelits #129021
Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder #127819
Blender Pen #102845
1. Cut your Whisper White card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Place inside of card front on bottom flap of embossing folder, lining up as desired. Place top of the Lacy Brocade embossing folder on top of card front. You will be able to read “Sizzix & Stampin’ Up! logos. Now fold the rest of the card behind the embossing folder. Run through your Big Shot with all tabs open. Remove card base and recrease fold line again if necessary.
2. Stamp your Rain Boot in Daffodil Delight ink trying to ink up only the boot. Now ink up the words carefully in Midnight Muse ink or color them with the Midnight Muse marker. Stamp on Whisper White card stock. Color sky part of Boot with Bashful Blue ink and Blender Pen.
3. Position stamped Rain Boot image as desired in a Framelit and run through your Big Shot. Cut the next larger Framelit from Bashful Blue card stock, and the next larger size from Daffodil Delight card stock. Adhere Framelits together with Dimensionals. Adhere to card with Dimensionals.
4. Admire your quick card!
You can purchase all the supplies to make this card from My Online Store.
I received this Sunflower card as a Convention Swap from Lorraine Papirny. She used the Sunflower stamp and the bee from Nature Walk. I don’t have either of those, so as usual, I substituted. I think it turned out nicely. Some of my customers made a “Favorite Swaps” list of cards they wanted to make. The Sunflower card was on the list so we will be making my Hello Doily version in class on Friday.
Original Sunflower Card Swap
My Hello Doily Version
Peekaboo Window open
Stamps: Hello Doily w#122845 c#122847
Circle Circus w#115778 c#127784
Tiny Tags w#118091 c#118592
Card Stock: Whisper White 3-3/4″ x 5″ and 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base plus scrap
Cherry Cobbler 4″ x 5-1/4″ plus scrap
Midnight Muse 4-1/4″ x 5-1/5″ plus scrap
Ink: Marina Mist
Big Shot: Peekaboo Frames L Bigz Die #124587
Square Lattice embossing folder #119976
Punches: 1-3/8″ Square #119877
1-3/4″ Circle (use as a corner rounder) #119850
Jewelry Tag Punch #117190
Other: Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine #123125
Crystal Effects #101055
Paper Snips #103579
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue #110755
Glue Dots #103683
1. Stamp the Circle Circus stamp in Midnight Muse ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut out with Paper Snips. Spread with an extra thin layer of Crystal Effects, if desired. (My Crystal Effects is thick enough to make the Peekaboo stay open. You don’t want this. Plus I folded the score line on the Peekaboo window. Don’t do that either. Learn from my mistakes/experiments. ) Set aside to dry for at least 30 minutes.
2. Adhere the Midnight Muse card layer to the Whisper White card base. Run your Cherry Cobbler card stock through your Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Set aside.
3. Stamp Hello Doily in desired position on Whisper White card stock with Marina Mist ink. I find it easier to use large stamps with the wood touching the table and the rubber facing up. Lay card stock in desired position. Rub either a clear mount block or wood block over the paper while holding it in place with your fingers.
4. Punch out area for the Peekaboo Window with 1-3/8″ Square Punch. Line this up in the Peekaboo frame die over the small square Peekaboo Frame. Make sure your pattern is facing the proper direction for the opening. Run through your Big Shot. Do NOT crease score line!
5. Round the lower right corner if desired using the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch. Use the Tombow Glue to glue your large Hello Doily layer to the Cherry Cobbler layer. Glue around the edges of your Peekaboo and position in the punched out area. It looks like you are magic!
6. Wrap your Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine around your card twice in the desired position. It will make indents in the Cherry Cobbler card stock so make sure it is where you want it. Tie in a knot. Adhere these layers to Midnight Muse card layer.
7. Stamp a sentiment from the Tiny Tags stamp set in Midnight Muse on a Whisper White card stock scrap. Position stamped sentiment in Jewelry Punch and hold in position without punching yet. Take your Paper Piercing Tool and punch the hole for the Baker’s Twine in the desired position. Now punch out your sentiment. Punch scraps of Cherry Cobbler and Midnight Muse using same piercing technique. Put these colored punched pieces in the Square Lattice embossing folder and run through your Big Shot. Enlarge your pierced holes with your Paper Piercing Tool. Thread both ends of the Baker’s Twine through your Jewelry Punched tags-first the Cherry Cobbler, then the Midnight Muse, then the Whisper White sentiment. Tie the Baker’s Twine in a knot. Use Glue Dots to hold the punched tags in place if desired.
8. After the cut out with Crystal Effects has dried you can glue it inside the Peekaboo hole.
9. Admire your “Magic Peekaboo” card!
You can purchase all items to make these cards at My Online Store.
Here are a few items from the Holiday Catalog used together in an All Occasion Card. I used the Perfectly Preserved Bundle, the Holiday Frame embossing folder, Core’dinations card stock, the new Sanding System, and the Bitty Banner Framelits. The colors are Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, and Gumball Green.
Stamps: Perfectly Preserved w#126690 c#126692
Card Stock: Whisper White
Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations #127846
Ink: Midnight Muse
Big Shot: Cannery Framelits #127822
Bitty Banners Framelits #129267
Holiday Frame Embossing Folder #127820
Other: Stampin’ Sanding System #129367
Core’dinations Dust Buddy #129366
Note: The Perfectly Preserved Bundle contains both the stamp set and coordinating Framelits w#129943 c#129944. Save $8.95 for the Wood Bundle and $6.95 for the Clear Mount Bundle.
1. Cut Core’dinations Card Stock 4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through Big Shot with Holiday Frame embossing folder. Sand raised embossing with Sanding System. I accidentily sanded one of the sides while sanding the raised image so I sanded the other sides too. Cut off a piece of the Core’dinations Dust Buddy to clean up your sanding mess from the card and your table.
2. Stamp jar, jar cover, pear, leaf and sentiment on Whisper White card stock leaving about 1/2″ in between images. Use Big Shot and Framelits to cut out images. So much quicker and neater than scissors! Also cut a large Bitty Banner from Midnight Muse card stock. Adhere pieces together with SNAIL or Glue Dots. Make sure and place Banner over the Christmas Tree on the embossed frame. Put Dimensionals on the backs and adhere to card front.
3. Adhere Cherry Cobbler to Midnight Muse and then to card base (Whisper White card stock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored and folded at 4-1/4″).
You can purchase all the items to make this card from My Online Store.