This Owl Bookmark card will be the perfect card to include when giving a book as a gift. We made this Owl Bookmark card at my class in August. I have LOTS of readers in my family, so bookmarks come in handy. You could also put a Gift Card in the Pocket on the front.
Stamps: And Many More w#134273 c#134276
For All Things w#135152 c#135155 French #136985 MDS#138114
Ink: Pistachio Pudding
Tangerine Tango Marker for beak and feet
Garden Green Marker for vest buttons
Card Stock: Lost Lagoon
Baked Brown Sugar
All Abloom Designer Series Paper #133703
Big Shot: Envelope Liner Framelits #132172
Punches: Owl #118074
1-3/4″ Scallop Circle
Scallop Tag Topper
Corner Rounder #135346
Other: Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker’s Twine
SNAIL Adhesive OR Fast Fuse Adhesive OR Tombow Glue
Googly Eyes (Optional)
Post It-Note/sticky note
1. Cut your Lost Lagoon card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Bookmark at 2″ x 4″ to 4-1/2″. Punch with Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
3. Cut your Designer Series Paper at 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″. Round the corners and attach to your Bookmark base.
~Baked Brown Sugar Owl
~Pistachio Pudding vest and 1-3/4″ Scallop Circle
~1″ Whisper White Circle
~Stamp Sentiment on Whisper White card stock in Black ink. Punch out with Word Window Punch leaving about 3/8″ on each side of the phrase. Punch the first side as normal. Attach the punched sentiment to the sticky part of the note and insert back into the Word Window Punch and punch the second side leaving about 3/8″ from end.
5. Attach Scallop Circle and 1″ Circle to Bookmark.
6. Owl. Color the Owl’s fee with your Tangerine Tango Marker. Glue on Vest. Draw Buttons with Garden Green Marker. Draw on a Tangerine Tango triangle for a beak. You can punch out the eyes with your Owl Punch or use Googly Eyes and attach them to your Owl. Attach sentiment now also.
7. Cut three 6″ pieces of Thick Baker’s Twine and attach to the Ribbon hole of your Bookmark.
8. Randomly stamp the leaves in Pistachio Pudding on your card base.
9. Cut your Whisper White Envelope Liner out with your Big Shot. Color the edges with your Garden Green Marker. Randomly stamps Pistachio Pudding Leaves on your Envelope Liner Pocker. Also stamp the banner in Pistachio Pudding the the sentiment in Garden Green ink on the folded over flap. Attach the flap to the pocket with Dimensionals. Put adhesive ont the sides and bottom of your pocket and attach it to your card front.
10. So wrap up your book and include this card for one of your favorite readers.