This Father’s Day card in Black and White was a hit at my Guy Card Stamp Class! It is pretty simple to put together once everything is cut. Since the measurements are provided here even the cutting is pretty quick. Just choose two to four patterns of Designer Series Paper you like. You can also use the back sides as I did if you want.
Stamps: Guy Greetings Wood #138825, Clear #138828, Photopolymer #137178
Ink: Memento Black ink
Card Stock: Whisper White
Back to Black Designer Series Paper #133700 (Retires June 2, 2015) OR try Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper after June 2, 2015.
Other: Stampin’ Trimmer
Stamping Sponge wedge
Paper Snips OR starting June 2, 2015 Banner Triple Punch #138292 to cut the notches in your banners
SNAIL or Fast Fuse Adhesive
1. Cut all your papers and sponge any edges you want:
~Smokey Slate card base: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Sponge edges if desired. I didn’t, but some at class did.
~Whisper White for sentiment: 1-1/2″ x 3″ or just a little bigger than your sentiment.
~Basic Black to go under your sentiment: 2″ x 3-1/2″ OR 1/2″ bigger each way than your sentiment piece.
~Background top layer (leaves/feathers paper): 2-1/4″ x 5-1/4″.
~Chevron “Ribbon” strip: 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
~Narrow Banner: 1″ x about 4″ to 4-1/4″.
~Wide Banner: 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
~Both Banners: Cut a notch at the end your paper snips with them layered together and the narrow banner centered over the wide banner. Cut one end up the center about 1/2″. Now go from the corner to the inside end of your center cut. Repeat with the other corner to form your notched banners. OR Order the Banner Triple Punch (after June 2, 2015) and just insert one end and punch! Layer them together with Dimensionals on the back of both banners.
2. Stamp your sentiment in Black ink on the Whisper White card stock. Attach to your Basic Black with either Fast Fuse or SNAIL adhesive.
3. Attach your Background top layer and your Chevron “Ribbon” strip to your card front. The “Ribbon” strip slightly overlaps the Background layer.
4. Lay out your banners and your layered sentiment in the positions you want them. Attach the Sentiment Layers first with Fast Fuse. Attach your Banners with the Dimensionals you already attached.
5. Pretty great card for a guy and anyone who likes Black and White. You can also try this with other patterned papers as I did in THIS Blog Post.
Happy Card Making!