This “Trick or Treat” Halloween Banner is a quick and easy project if you have a Big Shot, the Perfect Pennant Bigz Die, and the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies. It took me about 45 minutes to design the color scheme, choose the papers, cut the papers, find the Bigz Dies, and put it all together. With the instructions you should be able to do it in about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy making one for yourself!
Card Stock: Two sheets of each color
Big Shot: Perfect Pennant Bigz Die
Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die
Endless Love Sizzix Alphabet Sizzlits (not Stampin’ Up!)
Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
White Baker’s Twine
1. Cut six each 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ Basic Black and Tangerine Tango. You can cut 3-4 layers of card stock with your Big Shot and the Perfect Pennant Die. Place the card stock layers so they cover the two triangles that are next to each other. Cut all twelve layers.
2. Cut six each 2″ squares in Basic Black and Tangerine Tango. Use the Typeset Alphabet Dies to cut out the letters.
~Basic Black: T (3) I K E
~Tangerine Tango: R (2) C A
~Small OR using the smaller Endless Love Sizzlits or hand cut them out.
3. Assemble your Pennants. Make six with the large Basic Black and the Small Tangerine Tango triangle combination. Make 5 with the large Tangerine and small Balck triangles. Stack in layers of 3-4 pennants and punch the corner holes using your Crop-o-Dile, hole punch or Paper Piercing Tool. I chose the Crop-o-Dile because it could punch through multiple layers. I used the smaller hole punch.
4. Add your letters. Lay out your Pennants starting with the large black, then the large Tangerine Tango Triangles. Continue alternating pennant colors. You should start and end with the large Black Triangles. Now glue one letter on each triangle except the “or” which share a large Tangerine Tango Triangle.
5. Cut 5 feet of White Baker’s Twine and thread it through the holes of your Pennants. This will leave about 1 foot of Twine at the end of each side of the Pennant. I went front to back with the first hole and back to front with the second hole in each pennant because I wanted the Baker’s Twine to only show where the corners connected. Tie a little loop at each end to fit around the nails you are hanging it on.
6. Hang up and enjoy your Quick & Cute Halloween Banner. These are quick enough to make and give as gifts. If you already have the dies each Banner costs about $1.25 in supplies.
Happy Halloween Crafting!