I decided to try something that is not my normal style. I received the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set at the Stampin’ Up! Convention last summer. I haven’t really used it much. I decided to use as many of the stamps as I could with the NEW In Colors. Hope you like it!
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge w#130514 c#130517
Something to Say w#134177 c#134180
Ink: Hello Honey
Card Stock: Whisper White
Other: Essentials Wooden Elements #132258
1. Decide which stamp to use with each color. I used: Lost Lagoon with the striped Washi Tape like stamp, Mellow Moss with the lined stamp, Hello Honey with the splat stamp, Tangelo Twist with the fine splatter stamp, and Blackberry Bliss on the Wooden Element.
2. To stamp your Wooden Element: First choose a stamp, then choose a wooden Element that your sentiment or design will fit on. Ink up your stamp and lay it on your craft table with rubber side up. Now carefully position your Wooden Element over the stamp and carefully align it and press it straight down. Lift it straight up. Let dry for a few minutes.
3. Stamp your card front to fit your mood. I used Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch THIS Video for more details on making your card base.
4. Now drag the edge of your Wooden Element directly on your Blackberry Bliss ink pad. Lay it sentiment side down on your card front and attach the first Glue Dot. Move it slightly down to attach the second Glue Dot. Move very slightly again and attach your third Glue Dot. Attach your Wooden Element to your card front. Go wash your hands since they will have wet ink on them which will smear over everything! Let it dry for several hours. To tell the truth, the circles from the Wooden Element were just an accident, but I thought it added an extra “Grunge” to the card, so I kept it.
5. You can decorate your envelope and envelope flap with any of the stamps you used on your card front. This will add a little excitement for the person getting the card. It will also give a little excitement to the people at the Post Office and the mail man who delivers the card. Let’s share our fun with others!