This cute snowflake card uses a Shaker Frame filled with Mica Flakes from the Holiday Mini catalog. It can be used for any winter occasion such as a birthday card just by changing the sentiment. At my class yesterday, class members used varying shades of blues. (Note: You only need the layer where the “Happy Birthday” is stamped if you make a mistake you need to cover up! hee hee!)
Stamps: Desired sentiment stamp. I used Bring on the Cake page 66 w#121899 c#121958
Card Stock: Whisper White 4-1/2” x 11”
Ink & Marker: Pool Party or desired color
Big Shot: Top Note die page 222 #113463
Northern Flurry embossing folder page 219 #120902
Punches: 1-1/4” Circle
Other: Shaker Frames (Holiday Mini) page 30 #124155
Mica Flakes (Holiday Mini) page 21 #124115
Window Sheet page 216 #114323
1. Big Shot. Place Whisper White card stock on Top Note die with the wide part of the die along the width of the cardstock. Make sure card stock is between the two white dots on the die and that the cutting marks on both sides are covered. Place on top of bottom cutting pad on the Big Shot. Position top cutting pad so it only covers the Top Note die at the top end of your paper; align cutting pad with black lines on the gray sides of the die. Run through Big Shot. Crease along score line that was made. Fold in opposite end and crease. You now have a tri-fold card.
2. Big Shot. Position embossing folder so the largest snowflake is on the side away from the Top Note edge. To make Big Shot sandwich: Multipurpose platform with tab 1 flopped open, bottom cutting pad, embossing folder with cardstock inside, top cutting pad. Run through Big Shot. Run a small piece of Whisper White card stock positioned in the embossing folder so it covers the center of the largest snowflake. Run through Big Shot.
3. Color the raised part of the snowflakes with the Pool Party marker. Color along the Top Note edge up to the perforated lines. Also color the small piece of embossed snowflake.
4. Choose the Shaker Frame that is 4th from the outside and pry it out with the Piercing Tool or scissor tips. Place in center of largest snowflake. Add Mica Flakes by pinching them and adding them inside frame. Punch window sheet with 1-1/4” Circle punch. Peel top paper layer off shaker frame and add window sheet circle.
5. Punch small piece of embossed snowflake: 1st with 1″ circle punch. 2nd-Center 1-1/4″ Circle punch over smaller punched circle so you end up with a donut-with-a-hole piece of card stock. Adhere with Tombow glue or Snail. Position over your Shaker Frame and window sheet.
6. Stamp sentiment on Top Note flap. You are done!