Both my oldest son and a son-in-law have birthdays this week. Here is the card for my son-in-law that LOVES plaid. He said it was a “very elegant plaid card” and was impressed with the embossed words.
Stamps: Big News wood #134015 c#134018 (sorry, I am not able to make the links tonight.)
Card Stock: Early Expresso
Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack #137780 (Available January 6, 2015)
Other: White Embossing Powder #109132
Heat Tool #129053
Fast Fuse or SNAIL Adhesive
1. Cut your Early Espresso card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your plaid Designer Series Paper at 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Yes, this is a slightly different measurement than I usually use. I was in the mood for a little change.
3. Stamp using VersaMark. You can stamp both stamps, add embossing powder to each, then melt the embossing powder with your Heat Tool.
4. Attach your embossed plaid layer to your card base.
5. Wahoo! Your guy card is finished already! I know he will like it because it is plaid. After all, we do make cards to make others happy and we enjoy the process of making the cards. A Win-Win for everyone!
Happy Birthday Card Making!