This was a fun Halloween Ghost card to make. It did take a little longer than most cards because of the sponging technique, but it turned out cute. Try making one for a spooky little someone.
Inks: Daffodil Delight
Card Stock: Whisper White
Big Shot: Woodland embossing folder #139673
Seasonal Thinlits #139658
Punches: 1-3/8″ Circle
1/4″ Handheld Circle
Other: 5/8″ Whisper White Satin Ribbon #134549
4 Stampin’ Sponge wedges (1/2 Stamping Sponge)
Tombow Glue or Fine Tip Glue Pen
1. Cut your Tangelo Twist card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Whisper White card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″.
3. Sponge your Woodland embossing folder on the inside of the part that has the Sizzix label.
NOTE: Pay attention to the direction your folder faces. The “Bottom” of the embossing folder image is at the fold. The “Top” of the image is at the upper open edge.
~Chocolate Chip ink = Tree Stripes & Tree edges including branches
~Daffodil Delight ink = Top of scene on the flat part between the trees
~Pumpkin Pie ink = Center of scene on the flat part between the trees
~Tangelo Twist = Bottom of scene on the flat part between the trees
~Take some time and blend where the colors overlap.
4. Remoisten the sponged side of the embossing folder with your breath. Place your Whisper White card front inside the folder on the uninked side so you can line it up so the trees are straight. Run through your Big Shot. Oooh and Aaaaw at how nice it turned out. Glue to your card base.
5. Ghost. Cut your Whisper White card stock into a triangle with the bottom edge being 2-1/2″ wide and the top point being over 3″ tall. Stick the top point into a circle punch from the outside so only the point gets punched off to form the rounded top of the Ghost. Run Fast Fuse down the outside edges and cover with the Satin Ribbon. Run Fast Fuse over the center parts and cover with two more strips of Satin Ribbon. Trim the rounded top and flat bottom with your scissors. Add two 1/4″ Basic Black punched circles for eyes. Add Dimensionals to the back of your Ghost.
6. Cut your Spooky with the Seasonal Thinlit and Tangelo Twist card stock. I used the Precision Plate and also put Parchment Paper in between the card stock and the Thinlit.
7. Lay out the Ghost and the Spooky in the desired positions. Attach the Ghost with Dimensionals and the Spooky with either Tombow Glue or the Fine Tipped Glue Pen.
8. Add a fun Halloween sentiment to the inside of the card if desired.
9. You can also emboss the back flap of your envelope if desired. Watch this Video for instructions.
Happy Halloween Card Making!