My grandchildren enjoy Chapstick so I got them each one for Christmas. Then came the wrapping process. The Chapstick Holders I found on Pinterest were rather time-consuming to make multiples. So I came up with my own version using the Gift Card Envelope Thinlit.
Chapstick: I used the Blistex brand this time-get at your local store. SU does not make these 😉
Card Stock in their favorite color
Big Shot & Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits Dies #135854
Fast Fuse Double-sided adhesive (or you can use Sticky Strip. Glue Dots were not strong enough)
Ribbon or Baker’s Twine
Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade
1. Cut out your 6″ wide card stock using your Big Shot and Gift Card Envelope Thinlit. Stamp or decorate now if desired. As you can see mine were left plain.
2. Score 1/2″ from the long Thinlit score line on the inside rectangle of the Gift Card Envelope on both sides as shown in the diagram. Score the full length of the card stock. Cut out the triangles you made on the small flaps. Fold all your score lines.
3. Put Fast Fuse adhesive where all the pink lines are in the diagram: Lines in the center section to hold your Chapstick and lines on the outside edges of the larger flaps to hold your container closed. Place your Chapstick on the center Fast Fuse line, then close the flaps. Rub where the Fast Fuse is to make sure it sticks to the card stock.
4. Write a name (You can use one of the tag/banner Framelits that come with the Thinlit. I was in a rush so I just wrote directly on the container.)
5. Tie with ribbon or Baker’s Twine to complete your gift. And it only took a few minutes! You get quicker with each one you make!
Happy Gift Giving!