I was watching a video about someone making diamond shaped decorations and decided to try and make a Pumpkin and a Turkey using a Pyramid shape. These were pretty quick and easy.
Ink: Peekaboo Peach Marker – Pumpkin
Tangerine Tango ink pad – Turkey
Basic Black Marker – Turkey
Pumpkin Card Stock: Pumpkin Pie
Turkey Card Stock: Soft Suede
Big Shot: Pyramid Pals Framelits #140618
Flower Fair Framelits #133731 Pumpkin
Layering Circles Framelits #141705
Adhesive: Tombow Glue
NOTE: If you want to open the Pyramids so you can put something inside: Put a piece of tape on the inside of the tips, then after decorating, punch a 1/16″ hole about 1/8″ from the tip of each Triangle. Decorate the Pyramids. Close the Pyramids by threading Baker’s Twine through the holes. Tabs: You can glue the Front to the Tabs, but not the Back Triangle.
1. Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Cut two of the Pyramid shape Framelits. Fold all score lines so both pieces are the same.
2. Draw oval like shapes on each triangle with the Peekaboo Peach Marker.
3. Put glue on the top side of one of the bottom squares. Attach the other square on top making sure that the sides with the tabs are opposite each other.
4. Cut a 1/8″ x 5-1/2″ strip of Garden Green card stock for the curly vines. Run a bone folder over it to start it curling. Find something round and narrow to wrap it around and curl it. I used one of my grandson’s metal cooking spoons with the round metal part about 1/8″ in diameter. Curl the strip around the round piece holding the end to keep it in place. Gently unwrap the strip so you keep the curl in. Cut it in half Glue both pieces to the tip so one part sticks up and the other angles across.
5. Cut a little stem from Garden Green card stock. You can cut a Garden Green leaf from the Flower Fair Framelits or just cut it with scissors. Glue the stem on top of the pyramid tip and over the curly vines. Glue the leaf to the stem.
1. Cut a piece of Soft Suede
card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Cut two of the Pyramid shape Framelits. Fold all score lines so both pieces are the same.
2. Choose one of the Triangle sides without tabs to be the Turkey front. Cut 3 Scallop Circles from Soft Suede card stock. Cut the circles in half. Sponge the scallops with Tangerine Tango ink. Layer and Glue the circles together. Glue to the Front Triangle. Trim off the excess.
3. Cut a Beak from Tangerine Tango card stock. Cut two “Bunny Ears” of each color: Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijoh, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, and Cherry Cobbler. Hand cut the two Real Red piece to make the Wattle and the Comb.
4. Glue the Wattle onto the back of the lower Beak. Glue the bottom of the Beak to the top of the Scallop Circles. Draw the Eyes with Basic Black Marker. Gle the Comb above the eyes.
5. Put Glue on the two tabs that attach to the Front Triangle. Repeat with the tabs for the Back Triangle.
6. Decide what color order to put your feathers in. Start with the center two and glue them to the back so they stick up high enough to make you happy. Work your way outward on both sides glueing all the bottom tips on top of the first two pieces.
7. You are done. Admire your cute Turkey.
Happy Thanksgiving Crafting!