We made this Mini Treat Bag at my Sneak Peek Class using the NEW Envelope Paper! It is quick and easy and perfect for last minute gift and treat giving including Father’s Day.
Stamps: You’re So Sweet Wood #138862, Clear #139440, French #140180 (Bundle-Stamp Set and Mini Treat Bag Thinlits: Wood Bundle #140216, Clear Bundle #140217, French Bundle #140218)
Ink: Mint Macaron #138326
Paper: 2015-2017 In Color Envelope Paper #138312
Big Shot: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits #137547 (See Bundles above)
Other: White 1-1/4″ Jute Ribbon #137904
Fast Fuse OR SNAIL double-sided adhesive
1. Choose the color and pattern of paper you want to use. I chose Mint Macaron. If you are using the striped paper choose the way you want your stripes to go. If you want them up and down like mine, then cut your paper 6″ x 12″ with the stripes 12″ long. The zigzag part of the Thinlit is the top of the bag.
2. Now cut out the Mini Treat Bag using the Thinlit. Make sure the zigzag bag top is positioned so your stripes will be going up and down. Cut out both bag pieces.
3. Fold your Treat Bag pieces on the score lines. Check to see if any of the score lines tore. If they did, the put a piece of regular tape on the inside of the bag over the torn score line OR you could put coordinating Washi Tape on the outside to cover the torn score line.
4. Decide whether the bottom flap will be inside or outside the bag. If it will be on the inside than fold up the flap and put your Fast Fuse on the striped side. If it will be on the outside, then put your adhesive on the solid color AFTER the rest of the bag is put together.
5. Put Fast Fuse on the striped side of the tab and on the edge of the small bag half. Line up the side and bottom. Now attach the tab to the large side edge. Lay the small side flat and overlap the back of the larger back piece.
6. If your flap is going on the outside, add your adhesive now and fold it up.
7. Stamp your sentiment in the same color ink as your paper. Cut it out by hand. Optional: Stamp your image twice. Cut out the inside with the coordinating Framelit included with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit set. You will still have to hand cut the larger outside bottom layer, but this will add a nice layered dimension to your Treat Bag.
8. Cut your Ribbon the desired length with the ends cut diagonal as desired. Attach with a strip or two of SNAIL or Fast Fuse on the back of the Ribbon behind where the Stamped image will cover it. Add your Stamped and cut out image with either Fast Fuse or Dimensionals.
9. Put a small treat or gift inside and give to someone.
Happy Treat and Gift Giving!