This is the Wedding Card I made for my Church Choir Buddy and her new DH who were married on Friday. This card was my inspiration. I tried several other ideas but this is the card that got finished. I may use some of the other parts soon as her sister is getting married in less than 3 weeks.
Ink: Real Red Marker
Card Stock: Real Red
Silver Glimmer Paper 135314
Red Glimmer Paper #127790
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper #135315
Big Shot: Hearts Framelits #125599
Happy Heart Embossing Folder #137364
Expressions Thinlits (retired-sorry)
Punches: Sweetheart Punch #133786
Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack #133787 (small Heart)
Tools: Envelope Punch Board #133774
Other: Tombow Glue
1. Cut your Real Red card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video if you want more details on Basic Card Bases.
2. Cut your Whisper White layer at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with the Happy Heart Embossing Folder. Trim the sides close to the Hearts with your Paper Trimmer. Attach to card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Make your Real Red Envelope with your Envelope Punch Board. Cut your Real Red card stock at 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ square. Make your first Punch and Score at 2″. Watch this video if you need help using your Envelope Punch Board.
4. I used the retired Expressions Thinlit for the word “Love”, but it is retired. You can use either the Signo White Gel Pen or the Chalk Marker to write “Love” on the envelope. You can also use a stamp you like or just leave it blank.
5. Let’s die cut a couple of Heart Frames with our Framelits. The large one is from Whisper White and is used to mount the Glimmer Hearts to. I chose the largest straight-edged Heart Framelits. Use this sandwich: Magnetic Platform (or Multipurpose Platform with all tabs closed), a cutting plate, your Whisper White card stock. Lay both the Heart Framelits with the smaller inside the larger making sure there is an even space in between. The space in between will be your Heart Frame.
6. Now choose the Framelits for the smaller Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper Heart. I used the second and third smallest. Use the same process as above and cut out this Heart Frame. Use your Real Red Marker to color the edges so it will show up against the Whisper White background.
7. Punch 10 Silver Glimmer Hearts and 10 Red Glimmer Paper Hearts using the Itty Bitty Accents Heart Punch. Arrange the hearts around the Whisper White Heart Frame in the desired positions. Attach each Glimmer Heart to the Frame with a Glue Dot. Overlap the two Hearts that meet in the center.
8. Now to put everything together. Slide the large Heart Frame in the Real Red envelope to determine the position on the card front and where to add the Glue Dots to hold it in the envelope. Put a Glue Dot at the bottom tip and one along each side of this Heart to secure it in the envelope. I used Tombow Glue on the back of the envelope and the back of the Heart Frame that showed from behind to secure it to the card front. Now attach your Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Heart inside the large Heart.
9. If desired, you can add a piece of 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White to the inside to write on. You can either add a couple of Punched Glimmer Hearts, or some stamped Hearts to the lower corners. Then write you message to the Bride and Groom.
10. Gift Wrapping Hint. If you give them two gifts of different sizes (such as a board game and a DVD OR Project Life Album and Pocket Pages with a Project Life Card Collection with the accessory pack inside the box), wrap the gifts separately. Then use Sticky Strip to attach the gifts together. This way they will stay in place even if you don’t tie ribbon around them.
Happy Wedding Card Making!