Here is a cute little Candy Wrapper made with the Paisley Petals DSP. The center strip is just the other side of the paper. I am trying to use up my Designers Series Papers because they will all be retiring May 31st. I would like to have room for the new Designers Series Papers that will be coming out June 1st in the New Catalog! Enjoy making this cute little candy holder.
Big Shot – Candy Wrapper die page 221 #120890
Paisley Petal DSP page 184 #122367
Sticky Strip for side tab
SNAIL for center DSP strip
1. Die cut your Paisley Petals DSP or card stock with the Candy Wrapper die and your Big Shot.
2. Score and fold all straight lines. You can adhere 1/2″ x 6″ strip to the center of the die cut now if desired.
3. Put Sticky Strip on the side tab. Lay candy wrapper flat and fold tab section so the tab is laying close to the center of the die. Fold edge to line up with tab. Adhere.
4. Now that your Candy Wrapper has the sides adhered, fold and score each outer diagonal score line on the top and bottom sections. Open and flatten out your Candy Wrapper so the other diagonal score lines are on the outer edge. Score.
5. Open up your Candy Wrapper. Take the top section with the diagonal lines and pinch the top so when you look down at it you will see an “X”. Put one finger in each of the “V” parts of the “X”. Twist one-quarter turn (it doesn’t matter which direction), it will start to open up. Flatten it out. Repeat with the bottom section. It might take a little bit of practice.
6. Fill with a treat or other surprise! Admire your cute little Candy Wrapper!
1. Sale-a-bration ends March 31st.
2. Earn Double Creative Corner Reward Points for your online orders from me through March 31st. Write “Wedding” beside your orders for February and March 2012 so I will remember why you have double points when you redeem your points for FREE merchandise. If you a local customer, the double points is extended through April 5th when I place your order for the Rosette Wreath Class.