I made this card for my son and his wife’s anniversary. Clear embossing powder and a heat tool were used to prevent the silver ink from smearing and add an interesting look to the embossed card stock..
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes w#128748 c#127802
Good Greetings w#134014 (I got this stamp set FREE!! This is a Hostess set for a future promotion if I remember correctly)
Ink: Black StazOn
Silver Metallic #132142
Card Stock: Lost Lagoon
Silver Fancy Foil Vellum #133364
Silver Foil Sheet #132178
Big Shot: Oops! a retired embossing folder. Choose one you like
Heart Collection Framelits #125599
Punch: Word Window #119857
Other: Tombow Glue
Clear Embossing Powder #109130
Heat Tool #129053
1. Cut your Lost Lagoon card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Watch this video if you need more instructions on making a basic card base.
2. Cut your Lost Lagoon card front at 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. Run through your Big Shot with an embossing folder. Gently rub your Silver ink pad over the raised embossed parts. I found that a swirling, circular motion worked best for this pattern. Now cover with Clear Embossing Powder. Remove excess. Melt with your Heat Tool. Hopefully you get the interesting coloring effect that I did. Attach to your card base with Tombow Glue.
3. Choose the Silver Fancy Foil Vellum pattern you want. I used the Hearts. Cut it out using the Heart Framelit of your choice. I believe I used the 2nd largest. Just make sure it will fit on your card in the direction you want. Make sure the Hearts on the Vellum are facing toward the top of your Heart! Apply Glue Dots behind each Silver Heart and attach to your card front.
4. Stamp the desired sentiments on the Silver Foil card stock with the Black StazOn ink. Let dry for a minute or two, then punch out with your Word Window or other punch. Attach in the desired positions on your Vellum Heart with Dimensionals.
5. You can emboss the envelope flap with the same embossing folder you used for your card front. Watch this video for directions.
6. You now have a wonderful Anniversary card to help someone celebrate.
Happy Card Making!