Remember to check out the Retired Accessories List (Sticky note at the top of blog). These items are available only while supplies last. Order Online to make sure your choice is still available. Last year some items sold out within hours of the Retired Accessories List coming out. The 2010 In Colors are retiring: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Blushing Bride.
This is a quick little basket to make with the Petite Purse Bigz L Die that is available until April 30th, then will be in the new 2012 Stampin’ Up! catalog.
Big Shot: Petite Purse Bigz die #125606
Card Stock: Concord Crush (Retiring In Color)
DSP: Sweet Shop (Occasions Mini) #125408
Punches: Scallop Oval #119856
Boho Blossoms #119858
Other: Basic Pearls #119247
Mini Glue Dots #104045
Sticky Strip #103294
Standard Premium Crease Pad #113476
1. You will need 4 pieces of card stock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (or to conserve paper make the 2nd measurement 6-1/2″) You will be using the handle and the following parts of the Petite Purse: top with little tab, back & small tab, and bottom. Big Shot Sandwich: (bottom to top) clear cutting pad, cardboard that comes with die or several sheets card stock, Die, 1 layer of card stock (make sure the handle is completely covered. You will be cutting off the “purse front” either now or later.), Crease pad.
2. Trim your purse die. Cut off the little tab on the top of all pieces. Cut off all larger side pieces and the front that has the slit. Put Sticky Strip on the small side tabs. Remove Sticky Strip backing from 3 tabs and connect the four purse pieces together and lay them flat.
3. Hold Basket together and determine which two pieces of the bottom you will put Sticky Strip on and which side of the card stock to put the Sticky Strip on. Put a piece of Sticky Strip along the outside edge of the two bottom pieces you chose. There will be a bottom piece in between the chosen ones. Remove Sticky Strip backing from side tab and attach to make your basket. Now fold up the two bottom pieces without the Sticky Strip. Remove the Sticky Strip backing and attach to bottom, making sure your box is square.
4. Now punch out your DSP using the Scallop Oval punch. Punch the desired Boho Blossom from scraps of your card stock. Attach Boho Blossom to Scallop Oval with Glue Dot. Attach this piece to the flaps that now stick out. Attach a Pearl to the center of the flowers. Put a Mini Glue Dot on the bottom edge of each flap and attach flap to basket making sure the edge of the flap lines up with the bottom of the basket.
5. Put a Mini Glue Dot on the ends of your handle and attach to basket. You could also use a brad to attach the handle if desired.
6. Admire your cute basket and fill it with some goodies.