I sent this e-card to my daughter for her birthday. I do enjoy making cards with My Digital Studio. You can change your mind quite a few times to find just the look you want and you are not wasting any supplies!
MY DIGITAL STUDIO SUPPLIES:
Twitterpated Kit- Pleated Satin Ribbon-Riding Hood Red #129332 $9.95
Antique Brads #122164 $1.95-recolored Raspberry Ripple
Lemonade Stand Designer Kit-Happy Birthday stamp in Cherry Cobbler (Sale-a-bration 2013 content disc-no longer available)
Delicate Doilies Punch #130975 $1.95 in Blushing Bride
Friendship Preserves Kit #131228 Punch in Pink Piroutette
Tea for Two Designer Series Paper pattern 2 #130666 $4.95
Background Paper-I used the “Color Picker” to choose the pink I wanted.
HOW TO MAKE THIS E-CARD USING MY DIGITAL STUDIO
1. Choose the Tea for Two DSP from “Background Papers/Designer Series Paper/Tea For Two/Pattern 2”. Crop it to 4.0 x 5.25. While still in the “Crop” function you can move the window around until you get the pattern positioned just right. Click OK. Right Cllick ont the DSP and Align Vertically then Horizontally on the page. (You can remove the Gray Bleed-Line Border: Top toolbar/View/Bleed Line/uncheck Card. Save. I use Ctrl + S OR go to File in the upper toolbar and click Save there. Save after each step.
2. Choose your Background Paper: Right Sidebar/Background Papers/Color/Picker tab on top, scroll the little + around until it lands on the color you want then click your mouse. Save.
3. Choose your Pleated Ribbon: Use the “Global Search” magnifying glass in the lower right hand corner. uncheck everything but Embellishments. Type in “Twitterpated” and choose the Riding Hood Red Ribbon. Position as desired. Save.
4. Choose your Delicate Doily Punch. Use the “Punch” icon on the left sidebar. Mine has it’s own folder. Click open after you have found the folder it is in. Then select the Delicate Doily you want. Resize if desired. Select “Color Fill” and choose Blushing Bride. Save.
5. Choose your Friendship Preserves Punch from the Left Sidebar as you did above. Mine is in the “Labels and Tags” main folder. Resize if necessary. Select Color Fill and choose Blushing Bride. Choose “Mat” and Change color to Cherry Cobbler. Change width if desired. I left mine at the default. Save.
6. Select Sentiment Stamp or choose “Text” and Type in your sentiment. You can do a Global Search for the desired sentiment stamp or embellishment if you want. I did a combination of both. I used Cherry Cobbler for the Stamp and Text color. You might have to resize your Delicate Doilies punch and your Friendship Preserves Punch to fit your sentiment. Save.
7. Choose the desired Antique Brad. Resize it so it is a little smaller. Recolor to Raspberry Ripple. Copy and Paste so you have one in each corner. (I use Ctrl + C to Copy and Ctrl + V to paste on my PC.) Save.
8. Now for the Drop Shadows. Select the item shown and set the drop shadow as follows:
~Stamp and/or Text image: Just click OK and use the default settings
~Paper, Embellishments, and Punches: 75% Opacity, Medium Blur. Do for all items on the page for each. You will end up clicking OK twice. Save.
8a. At this point I delete any blank pages.
9. Choose “Share” from the Right sidebar.
~Image Type: JPEG
~Select the pages you want to save.
~Image Size: I change to Medium for emailing. Click the Change Size button and check the Medium size.
~File Compression: I leave at the Default setting
~Output Location: Put it in the file folder where you can find it by clicking on the Change Folder button and browsing your My Digital Projects File Folders.
~Now click finish. If you are doing this a second time a message will show up wanting to know if you want to write over the file. I just click Yes.
10. Open up a “Compose” box in your email. Click the “Attach File” icon. Browse to the folder you just saved your card in and click on the JPEG version. It will open the folder, choose the page by double clicking on it. Write your email as usual and then send it.