This cute little Punch Art Bear is fun to make and give Bear Lovers of all ages! This is a quick card to put together if you have all the different punches. The card front is embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder since Bears do LOVE Honey.
P.S. The Retiring List comes out next Wednesday!!!!! I can also Preorder some things from the NEW Catalog on Wednesday. (One of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!!!)
I am counting down the days and wondering what wonderful NEW things will be in the NEW Catalog. I am hoping for a couple of Hexagon Punches and some flocked Window Sheets like the ones in the Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper from the Holiday 2012 Catalog. I always like new things to use with my Big Shot: Embossing Folders, Edgelits & Framelits, and Dies. I am also excited to see if the NEW Returning Colors are the same as they were before. I really liked a lot of them and kept the ink pads and a little bit of card stock. (Of course I will have to get the NEW Ink Pads!) Now I can compare. The Designer Series Paper Stacks will be updated with the NEW Colors AND NEW Patterns!
I also found out today that if you join Stampin’ Up! between April 24 and May 30th you can choose Preorder items for your Starter Kit merchandise!!!
Stamps: Delightful Dozen w#122650 c#122652 Digital #127597
Ink: Early Espresso
Card Stock: Very Vanilla
Big Shot: Honeycomb Embossing Folder #129378
Punches: 2-1/2″ Circle for head #120906
3/4″ Circle for paws and ear insides #119873
1″ Circle for Ears #119868
1/2″ Circle for Eyes and Nose #119869
Large Oval for face/snout #19855
Other: Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen #105021
SNAIL or Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut your Gumball Green card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla. Run it through your Big Shot with the Honeycomb embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
3. Cut your Gumball Green at 2-1/2″ x 3″. Cut your Very Vanilla at 2-1/4″ x 2-3/4″. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink towards the lower left corner since the Bear will cover the upper right corner. Adhere the Stamped Very Vanilla to the Gumball Green layer. Lay on top of your card for now. We will attach it after we have made and attached our Bear.
4. Now to make your Bear. Punch the pieces.
~Early Espresso: Head=2-1/2″ Circle, Ears=1″ Circle, Paws=3/4″ Circle
~Very Vanilla: Face=Large Oval, Inner Ears=3/4″ Circles
~Basic Black: Eyes and Nose=1/2″ Circle
5. Assemble your Bear. Adhere the Inner and Outer Ears together. Adhere the Very Vanilla Face to the outer edge of the 2-1/2″ Circle Head leaving room at the top of the Large Oval Face to slip the Eyes under slightly. Now position and adhere your eyes slipping the bottoms just under the Oval Face. Add the Nose to the Face. Now lay the Bear on the Sentiment and position both including deciding where to position the ears so everything will look nice AND fit inside the envelope. Adhere the Sentiment. Now adhere the Bear’s Ears to the Head. Put Dimensionals on the back of the Bear Head and Ears. Adhere to Sentiment and Card Front. Now add the paws slipping them slightly under the Bear Head. Now for the finishing touch. Draw a “comma” on each eye with your White Gel Pen. You can also draw on whisker marks around the nose if you want. I like mine without. Wahoo!!! You have made a Really Cute Bear!!!
6. Admire your cute little Bear!