You can now order from the NEW 2017 Occasions Catalog and earn 1 FREE Sale-a-bration product for every $50 of products you buy! The Flowered paper is one of the Sale-a-braton choices. I colored it with the NEW Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter.
Watercolor Pencils #141709
Inside the Lines Paper #143830 (Sale-a-bration Product)
Watermelon Wonder card base
Aqua Painter #103954
Tear & Tape
1. Cut your Watermelon Wonder card stock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Decide which way you want your flower patter to go and cut at 4″ x 5-1/4″.
3. Color with your Watercolor Pencils:
~Flower Petals-Real Red. Color darker by the center and where the petals meet.
~Flower Centers-Daffodil Delight. Add a little Early Espresso in the very center.
~Large Leaves and stems-Old Olive
~Small Leaves-Old Olive and Daffodil Delight
~Bee & wings-Daffodil Delight (I didn’t use the Aqua Painter here.
4. Gently color each item except the bee using your Aqua Painter. Make sure your brush tip is wet, but do NOT squeeze more water out as you paint as this paper does warp and wrinkle more with more water used. Clean the brush tip before you move onto a different color.
5. Let dry. It does dry pretty quickly, but I did not time how long it took.
6. Now go back and add some shading to the flower petals and large leaves. I did use the Aqua Painter on the leaves, but not on the flowers this second time.
7. Let dry again.
8. Flatten out your paper with your Bone Folder. Add Tear & Tape around all four sides. Center your paper and use your Bone Folder to help it lay flat on your card base.
9. You can add a greeting if you want, but I liked mine without one.