This is a quick and easy card using Glassine paper for the background, a doily for the next layer, and a punched bow for the focal point. You can substitute any paper for the Glassine sheet, a die cut for the Doily, and a tied ribbon bow for the punched bow. You can also add a stamped greeting if desired.
Card Stock: Night of Navy
Sending Love Glassine Sheets #142734 (or use Vellum)
Lace Doilies #142793 Choose either the White or Vanilla side
Punch: Bow Builder #137414
Other: Stamping Sponge wedge
Silicone Craft Sheet #127853
1. Cut your Night of Navy card base at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
2. Cut your Sending Love Glassine Sheet at 3-1/2″ x 6″. The Glassine Sheet is 6″ wide. You can also use Vellum or patterned paper instead of the Glassine Sheet.
3. Angle your Glassine Sheet so it touches both the top right corner and the bottom left corner. Make marks slightly past the edges on both sides so you know where to apply your adhesive. You can use Glue Dots, but they show through the corners.
~Since I made this I have learned a new way to attach Glassine and Vellum without the adhesive showing through.
~Cut a Sponge wedge
~Put about a 3/4″ circle of Tombow Glue on your Silicone Craft Sheet. Pounce your Sponge wedge to cover the rounded part with Tombow Glue.
~Now Pounce your gluey Sponge Wedge evenly on the back of your Glassine Sheet or Vellum.
~Attach your Glassine Sheet to your card front, being careful to not glue it to the surface underneath.
~ Spread your Bone Folder over the top to flatten.
~Attach your Lace Doily using the gluey Sponge Wedge.
~Turn card over so the card front is facing down. Let dry while you make your Bow.
4. Punch your Marina Mist card stock twice with the Bow Builder Punch as you need two of most parts.
~Use your Bone Folder to curl the longer Bow pieces and one of the smallest rectangle pieces. The Bow ends do not need to be curled.
~Attach the ends of one long Bow piece together with a Glue Dot. Now attach the ends of the other Bow piece together with a Glue Dot. Attach the end of the two long Bow pieces together with a Glue Dot with one on the right side and one on the left side.
~Attach one Bow end to the bottom of each Long Bow piece with 2 Glue Dots so the Bow ends stick out evenly at the ends of the Long Bow pieces.
~Now attach the curled rectangle piece around the center of the Bow using a Glue Dot at each end and having the ends meet at the back of the Bow.
5. Attach the Bow to your card front with 3 Glue Dots. Your card is finished.
Enjoy making this easy Bow Card.